Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You did extract the hex from the downloaded zip first?

Is the file you renamed still there? Then it probably has the wrong name or is in the wrong location. Must be storyeb07.hex (lower case) in the internal memory root, not on the SD card.

If the update actually executed (Story HD reboots automatically and removed the file) and it's still 1.34 after an additional reboot, then something else went wrong. In that case you should have a downgrade.txt in the internal memory. The contents of that file should point to whatever went wrong with the downgrade.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
MarceloB
MarceloB began at the beginning.

Device: iriver StoryHD
Worked, thank you!

After a few tries, it worked!
At some point, the StoryHD automatically updated its firmware again... but I applied the downgrade once more and it has been working fine since then.
Thank you very much, frostschutz
MarceloB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #18
Vikingen94
Vikingen94 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver storry HD (SE_E)
Hi I have a iriver storry HD with the swedish Release Version 1.32 SE_E will this work or will it mess something up? Sience you said mixing US and AUS might be bad?
Vikingen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #19
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It might work, it might fail. Edit: forget that, it'll probably fail; the files in the first post are specifically only for the version specified.

I bricked one of my own Story HD trying to go between US and German firmware. And I recovered from this brick only by buying a Story HD with broken display and move the intact electronics from the broken device to my bricked device.

Also for the swedish firmware I only see patches for 1.30 and 1.32, no full release, at least not on the iriver wifi server. So even if I remembered how to make these packages I could not make you a 1.30 (or any other version) swedish full package.

Unless you have very good reason to switch I suggest you stick with what you have.

Last edited by frostschutz; 09-14-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #20
Vikingen94
Vikingen94 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver storry HD (SE_E)
ok I'll just have to survive whithout the WebPortal no big deal :P thanks for the reply
Vikingen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #21
frostschutz
Linux User

This file should work, specifically only for downgrading 1.32 swe to 1.30 swe. This is the [official] 1.29? to 1.30 patch for swedish and I've verified that all files that were changed afterwards in 1.32, are also contained in this 1.30 patch, so it should work as a downgrade as it replaces all 1.32 files with their 1.30 counterparts.

But I can't actually test it myself so it's still at your own risk.

hxxp://www.iriverplus.com/update/firmware/ebook/swe/eb07/1.30/storyeb07_0.hex

Warning to all people interested in other versions: Changing the above URL might find you some files but just because it comes directly from iriver doesn't mean it won't brick your device.

Unlike other brands (like Kobo) which always download a full firmware, with iriver you get mainly patches and they only work under very specific circumstances, they have to be installed in order, some of them come in multiple parts etc.