Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My Galaxy 5.0 is recognized and has no problems downloading apps from either Android Market or Appstore for Android.

I had no problems linking either of my Galaxy Players to my already established accounts at both app stores. Not sure why you're having that problem.
I literally tried for hours to get it work with the Market Place. I was able to get connected to the Internet in about two minutes, no problems there. I was able to get to the Market Place, but as soon as I tried to download any apps I was prompted to create an account. I tried my existing account, I tried to create new accounts, nothing worked. I may have a defective unit I suppose. I just don't understand why I kept getting an error message about a phone when the device is not a phone but is a tablet.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmoeller View Post
So far, approximately the same as a current-gen iPod Touch. Operating with the wireless off, of course, enhances battery life considerably.

But it has a big, big advantage over the iPod Touch - the battery is easily removable. The procedure takes all of fifteen seconds.
Interested.

How long is that in hours? 10.... 8... 6 ... can you give us some real numbers ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I literally tried for hours to get it work with the Market Place. I was able to get connected to the Internet in about two minutes, no problems there. I was able to get to the Market Place, but as soon as I tried to download any apps I was prompted to create an account. I tried my existing account, I tried to create new accounts, nothing worked. I may have a defective unit I suppose. I just don't understand why I kept getting an error message about a phone when the device is not a phone but is a tablet.
It took you two minutes to connect to the internet? Mine connected within a second or two. The first time I tried it out was at a coffee shop next door to the store where I bought it. I had no trouble connecting to Market.

I love the 5.0.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
It took you two minutes to connect to the internet? Mine connected within a second or two. The first time I tried it out was at a coffee shop next door to the store where I bought it. I had no trouble connecting to Market.

I love the 5.0.
I did have to connect my wireless router first, which is why it took two minutes. I was able to get connected with no problems, I just couldn't get the Android Marketplace to work at all. I tried for hours to no avail. I have already returned the device, it may have been defective. I may give Android another try at some point though. The device itself was really nice, although there was no audio when playing any MP4 file...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote