Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Question SoftRoot Nook Apps instructions?

I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to computers but I am far far better with hardware than I am with software. When I look at programming I might as well be looking at Swahili. It makes about as much sense to me. Which is to say, none at all.

That said, I've softrooted my Nook. It went without a hitch, thank God. I'm pretty sure it's version 2.4.1, my Nook is at home and I'm not, but from what I understand there are newer versions of things like NookLibrary and NookMarket isn't included in 2.4.1. So can someone give me detailed instructions on how to install NookMarket so that I can easily get other updated apps? I mean, do I just download the apk file and then sideload it to the MicroSDHC card or the Nook itself or is there something else I need to do? It's probably pretty easy but without someone saying okay, here's step 1, now here's step 2 I'm fairly terrified of screwing something up.

Thanks, Beth
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
The softroot includes the Trook app, right? I think Trook can install packages for you.

You'll need to download the apk file from here:
http://nookdevs.googlecode.com/files/nookMarket.apk

Then plug your nook's USB cable into your PC. Open the nook folder. In there, create a folder called "my packages", if it doesn't already exist. Drop nookMarket.apk into the "my packages" folder on your nook.

I can't remember the exact details, but if you play around with Trook, I think you should be able to install the package now.

I hope this works; I'm going from memory, and could be wrong.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks. I got it to install NookMarket but it won't update NookLibrary. It starts to do it then tells me it couldn't update the application. I found another thread that mentions something about needing an Android Debug connection running to update apps. Is that required?
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
No, ADB is not required. Normally.

Sometimes it needs more than one attempt to update an app. Give it a second try, whenever you get this message. If this does not work, try to close the app (the one you want to replace) using TaskManager. If it is still not possible to update, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

If these things don't work, it's time to use ADB.
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
yes it wouldn't let me update library either, but i think it was because it was running or something. uninstalling and installing the newest version usually works.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert