Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Cleiton
Cleiton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 SC
Unhappy How can I buy ebooks from Sony Ebook Store?

Hello all!
I dont live in EUA neither Canada, but I was willing buy a book from Sony Ebook store, but I dont know if I can... anyone has the answer?

When I go to Credit Card form, they ask me for "Billing information" where, i think, i`m supposed to inform my American (or Canadian) address... but i dont have one, what i have to do? or is it impossible?
Cleiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Could you clarify where you live?

You can ask members on here to purchase ebookstore gift certificates for you, actually. I know some people are willing to do it. And if you do know anyone in the US (preferable, better selection), see if they are willing to allow usage of their credit card.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Cleiton
Cleiton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Could you clarify where you live?

You can ask members on here to purchase ebookstore gift certificates for you, actually. I know some people are willing to do it. And if you do know anyone in the US (preferable, better selection), see if they are willing to allow usage of their credit card.

Hi Lilac_Jive, thanks for your answer! That was I did. I asked a friend of mine who lives in USE to buy a gift card to me.

It would be great if they sales their books to foreigns.
Cleiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleiton View Post
Hi Lilac_Jive, thanks for your answer! That was I did. I asked a friend of mine who lives in USE to buy a gift card to me.

It would be great if they sales their books to foreigns.
Frankly, quite a few bookseller companies are avoiding sales outside of the US. I think it mostly has to do with publishers and rights for books. Good thing there are work-arounds!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
minhama
minhama began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I live in Europe but I still buy books from Sony... I gave the address of the US shop where I got my reader and untill now, I've never had a problem. Anyhow, the most important is that the credit card information is OK.
minhama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhama View Post
I live in Europe but I still buy books from Sony... I gave the address of the US shop where I got my reader and untill now, I've never had a problem. Anyhow, the most important is that the credit card information is OK.
Don't you need a US based credit card as well?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
It appears you do not. When I was in the USA for a holiday I entered my Dutch credit card number and as much of the Dutch address as possible, then selected the USA as country, one of the states and a postal code. It let me buy books no problem.

I have not yet tried buying books while in the Netherlands, they could block that based on ip address, but that'd also block Americans who are overseas, so I doubt they do that.
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
minhama
minhama began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I really never had a problem neither with my european credit card nor with my connection (IP never blocked), I buy their e-books or download the free copies and it always works just fine.
minhama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 AM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
It seems to depend on your credit card issuer and what level of address verification they have. Last time I tried with a UK card, I wasn't able to find any sort of combination that worked!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I'm having a different problem with the Sony eBook store. When I try to buy a book or get a free one, a tag pops up that says I need to download the Sony library in order to obtain books. I've downloaded that dang library over and over and still the same notice pops up. I've given up on buying from them.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
I'm having a different problem with the Sony eBook store. When I try to buy a book or get a free one, a tag pops up that says I need to download the Sony library in order to obtain books. I've downloaded that dang library over and over and still the same notice pops up. I've given up on buying from them.
Are you trying to buy through a web brower or are you opening the Sony library and buying through there? It sounds like you are trying to buy through a web browser, which you can't do. Open up the Sony library, and on the left hand side you'll see "eBookstore." Click that and it'll take you to the eBookstore and you'll be able to buy through that.