Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
Thumbs up Game of Souls - New Epic Fantasy

Following up the three books in my Aegis of the Gods series, I have begun a new one. Different world, same Omniverse. One day down the road, all the connections will be revealed. Without further chatter, here's the blurb:

Keedar Giorin still remembers the night when soldiers killed his mother. The Night of Blades. He was three, but the memories are written in his mind in blood, flames, scales, and his mother’s mad cackles.

Assigned by his father to save two young noblemen or risk a repeat of the massacre on his home in the Smear, Kasandar's most lawless district, Keedar dives headlong into the mission. He uses his most secret skill, a magic that could bring the King's Blades hunting him, a magic that could be a death sentence if reported to the wrong ears.

But even that risk is part of his father's calculated plan. A plot to determine who was behind his mother’s death, while securing a new ally for their guild, and seeing their people rise from squalor and oppression to strive for the identity and power they have all but forgotten.

Plans, however, do not always follow the path drawn out. What will Keedar do when a count takes interest in his magic? Where will he run to when the hunt begins? Can a young man now growing into his power find a way to defeat the most ruthless of assassins?

Available on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Game-Souls-Qui.../dp/B00BN36M46

Last edited by TCSimpson; 09-23-2014 at 12:55 AM.
TCSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
It sounds intriguing; best of luck with it!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
No epub?
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

At the moment, no, Bex, as it's KDP Select. I mean, I have an epub version, just can't put it up for sale anywhere as yet. Shoot me a pm.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

Currently in the top 50 in Men's Adventure on Amazon. I'd post a review from there, but I'll use a message sent to me and given permission to quote from a member here that I'll let remain anonymous unless he wishes to say.

"The book is outstanding. It is the first book I've read in many months that deserves 5+ stars. The characters are interesting and well-formed and the plot does not drag. Fantasy novels are difficult to do well so that they keep a reader's interest and make the reader sorry that the next volumes aren't immediately available, but you did it with Game of Souls. Unlike so many indie-authored and self-published ebooks, Game of Souls is nearly error free (I spotted only 3 in the first two-thirds of the book), which means that the reader is not distracted from the engaging story and characters."
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

First thanks to everyone here who bought the book. The book made the Top 20 of Hot New Releases in Epic fantasy on Amazon for March.
Here's an awesome review:
http://www.amazon.com/review/RU3DJYHXQMLFJ
"Overall, this was one of the best books I've read this year - it was fast and thought provoking and...well those are really the top two things I look for in books."
Thanks again!!

Last edited by TCSimpson; 04-02-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

From a great review over at IAreviews.com where the book got a 9/10.
"This book made me a fan of Terry Simpson’s writing. It was beautifully written, and the story really opened your imagination to an entirely new world."
Read the full review here.
http://iabookreviews.com/book-review...rry-c-simpson/
Old 04-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

Latest review on Amazon has me smiling.
"I agree that Game of Souls is one of the better fantasy series that I have come across this year. Fans of The Game of Thrones series should take a look at this book. You won't regret it."
http://www.amazon.com/review/RDN4CWFT1BJUO
Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #10
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

Still going strong and STILL in the top 100 in Men's Adventure on Amazon as I work on the sequel.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

New review over on http://www.fantascize.com/content.ph...erry-C-Simpson
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

Still doing well over at Amazon as I'm working on Book 2 of the series.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #13
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
I finally got to read this and it really is excellent : tight plot, gets needed information in without infodumps and the characters are believable and easy to distinguish. I was also happy to see that it was tightly edited with no errors big enough to throw me out of the story.

I'm glad to see that a the next book is in the works.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #14
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author

Glad you enjoyed it, Bex. Hard at work on a couple sequels and a new urban fantasy series.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #15
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Can it be found in epub?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, epic fantasy, fantasy, kindle, magic