Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #31
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Koreader can be configured to work with taps.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:18 PM   #32
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
The KOReader settings are well-hidden.

The Navigation settings just say to use the back button, which this device doesn't have, to exit KOReader. It doesn't include navigation settings within KOReader.

The Gesture Manager doesn't offer any relevant options either.

The Screen options have a couple options, but I can't find out how to configure the interface and display options, if they exist.

The Zoom Mode option only exists within each document, and doesn't persist as I open new ones.

P.S. The Orion Viewer Settings have more of the options I need, though their Zoom options don't all carry over either.

Last edited by MarjaE; 12-26-2020 at 05:31 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #33
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to edit a Koreader system file that assigns tap functions to the screen.

Here's how I did it on Linux and Android:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3930863

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325088

You would have to edit the file to suit your own specific needs.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:15 PM   #34
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you then. I'm glad it can be done with KOReader. I'm probably sticking with Orion. I've set it to display books sideways, splitting each page in 2, and can reset individual books to upright, splitting each page in 4. I can tweak color rendering and contrast but not hide background layers.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #35
Pajamaman
Wizard

I used Orion for a while. Its a good pdf reader designed for eink. I found the page turn navigation messed up in landscape. But it is a good app. I don't know that it is being developed.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #36
Pajamaman
Wizard

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=165609&page=2

Old app. Last update 2013.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:54 AM   #37
MarjaE
Guru

So what if it's old, if it works well.

Last update in June:

https://github.com/max-kammerer/orion-viewer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.orion.viewer

Tags
e-ink, likebook mars