Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #526
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I, err, may have done it again ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #527
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
These are all foreign to me. I just want to put a clock and battery percent on the book screen while reading (and use header and footer at the same time). is this possible?

Do i have to change the offsets from the example config file or i can use the example as is?

# Date format string ( see 'man strftime' )
#
# In addition may also use {month}, {day}, {battery}.
# (Look for battery and locale settings further below).
#
# {debug} will show the event that caused the update
#
format=%a %b %d %H:%M

#
# Where to print the clock
#
offset_x=0
offset_y=0
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:48 PM   #528
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
You can use:

format={battery} %H:%M

I believe the information will be displayed in the top left corner of the screen. If you want it elsewhere, you need to change the row and column and/or the offsets.

If you use a truetype font, the settings are later in the .ini file. You can also change the battery % range that will display.

It's all explained in the comments within the file.

Install and experiment.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:34 AM   #529
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Thank you.

which is better for the libra? miniclock or nanoclock?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #530
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
NanoClock is more recent, and should provide a more seamless experience on your device .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #531
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
For some reason my Clara did a update. Now I can see a CLOCK But it only tells me how many mins left in Chapter!
IS there a way to set it for proper time?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:28 PM   #532
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
For some reason my Clara did a update. Now I can see a CLOCK But it only tells me how many mins left in Chapter!
IS there a way to set it for proper time?
That is not a clock. That is the chapter progress. There are options in the Reader settings to choose how the chapter and book status are displayed (as percentage, page numbers or time left). Or if they are displayed at all. These have also been in the firmware for at least a couple of years, so you must have been behind in firmware updates. But, there should now be a clock in the top-right corner when the menu bars are displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:38 AM   #533
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
NanoClock is more recent, and should provide a more seamless experience on your device .
Hmmmm so I have been using MiniClock for aaaaaages and love it. I was refusing to update my Clara HD from firmware version 4.25, which was running MiniClock 20200711.

I've just finally given in and updated to firmware 4.38 and expected to have to update MiniClock or move to NanoClock... but good old MiniClock seems to be working fine.

Is there any reason to go through the hassle of either updating or moving to NanoClock?

Thanks!

EDIT: Hmmm nevermind! I was curious enough to install NanoClock just to have a look and like it much better. Bye bye MiniClock!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-30-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #534
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmmm so I have been using MiniClock for aaaaaages and love it. I was refusing to update my Clara HD from firmware version 4.25, which was running MiniClock 20200711.

I've just finally given in and updated to firmware 4.38 and expected to have to update MiniClock or move to NanoClock... but good old MiniClock seems to be working fine.

Is there any reason to go through the hassle of either updating or moving to NanoClock?

Thanks!

EDIT: Hmmm nevermind! I was curious enough to install NanoClock just to have a look and like it much better. Bye bye MiniClock!
If you don't require advanced positioning/custom fonts etc, there's also my NickelClock, which works very well.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote