Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
Carlo Troisi
Carlo Troisi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 840
Red face Portuguese dictionary for InkPad 840

Ciao to all.
I’m desperately trying to find a Portuguese/Portuguese, Portuguese/English or Portuguese/Italian dictionary for my PocketBook InkPad 840. They are not available through Abbyy. I did try to use the “dictionary converter” provided by PocketBook to convert a xdxd dictionary downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf...-XDXF/sdict05/ . I did thoroughly follow the instructions but the converter does not apparently work; I got a message of an alleged STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION .
Thanks for the help.
Carlo Troisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm not sure what to suggest, since you don't give a lot of detail. Did you create proper collates.txt, keyboard.txt and morphems.txt files for Portuguese? The morphems.txt file can probably be empty, but I suspect the other two must have valid data in them. Also, it's probably worth checking that the xdxf file has valid markup in it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
You may try the attached .dic files.
Quote:
- English_Portuguese.dic
- Portuguese_English.dic
I've used the English collates, keyboard and morphems since I don't know Portuguese. I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip en-pt-en.zip (172.0 KB, 449 views)
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
Carlo Troisi

Thanks to all for the help.
As for the collates, keyboard etc. I used the files for Portuguese provided by PocketBook with the converter; PocketBook now provide the sets for very many languages (attached, in case you may need them). Shame on me, but my knowledge of the business is not good enough to clearly understand what a "valid markup" is; anyway the .xdxf dictionary, in itself, works properly.
The dictionaries sent by Brucelee work !! Mulțumesc a lot ! Did you find them ready or did you create them by using the infamous converter ? In the latter case, could you tell me the exact command line you did use ? I'd really like to know the reason why I could not convert the dics myself.
Thanks again, Carlo
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketbook_dic_converter.zip (2.29 MB, 892 views)
Old 07-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'm not home right now but if I remember correctly I runned something like:
converter.exe dict.xdxf eng
Which resulted in a dict.dic file.

Edit:
Thanks for the attached archive. Unfortunately for me there are no Romanian configs so I'm going to use the English ones which work just fine for me. I didn't encounter any problems yet (I mostly read English books anyway).
I think I have some other version of the converter.

Last edited by brucelee; 07-02-2015 at 03:10 PM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copy the xdxf file into the directory where the converter program is, and run:

converter.exe XXX.xdxf locales\pt

replacing "XXX.xdxf" with the name of the real xdxf dictionary file.

If that doesn't work, try using the older converter program I've attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DictionaryConverter-2009.zip (64.3 KB, 298 views)

Last edited by rkomar; 07-02-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
Carlo Troisi

Great ! So that was the problem; the "older" converter provided by rkomar works perfectly, while the "new" converter freshly provided by the PocketBook assistance do not ! I'll let them know. Now I'm a happy man, for I can convert whatever I want. Thanks to all for the precious help. In case you are interested in some fine and pocketbook-ready French dictionaries you can find them here http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/divers...tbook_602.html
Thanks again
Carlo
Old 07-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
rkomar
Wizard

The latest version of the converter works for me (in WinXP). I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Do you already have cygwin installed? Perhaps the wrong version of the cygwin DLLs is being used?