Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
ntamas
Zealot
ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3 + Kindle keyboard
the duration of indexing

Hi!

How much time does it take to have an ebook indexed? I mean when you just download or sideload a "document" not a normal Amazon ebook.

When I want to search inside the documents the Kindle always says: the title hasn't been indexed yet.

Is there a way to urge the indexing process?
ntamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntamas View Post
Hi!

How much time does it take to have an ebook indexed? I mean when you just download or sideload a "document" not a normal Amazon ebook.

When I want to search inside the documents the Kindle always says: the title hasn't been indexed yet.

Is there a way to urge the indexing process?
It runs much faster when the device is on AC power.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
Isamilis
Connoisseur
Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2015, Oasis, Paperwhite 2016
Usually if I sideloaded many books, I delete first files in index folder, empty trash and plug-in kindle.
Isamilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Hi,
indexing sideloaded ebooks in my PW3 has been getting more and more difficult...it fails often. :-(
Could it be because it is old?
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I keep my kindle plugged into the computer while indexing; it usually goes okay. Sometimes, one particular book/document will get stuck. If this happens, delete the document, restart your kindle, then try to load the document again. This often helps.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I keep my kindle plugged into the computer while indexing; it usually goes okay. Sometimes, one particular book/document will get stuck. If this happens, delete the document, restart your kindle, then try to load the document again. This often helps.
Yes, this does usually help. But not this way. My annoying PW has decided to stop indexing... even when it is on charge...but if I download from cloud, it goes..by magic!
Now I would like to know why.. it is beause my device is old, or could it be a bug of the new firmware???
Old 12-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Maybe you have a problem similar to mine, and your index file is corrupted.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312410

The reindexing of 1 GB of books then took around 12 hours.

Last edited by Pyjam; 12-03-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #8
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
Maybe you have a problem similar to mine, and your index file is corrupted.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312410

The reindexing of 1 GB of books then took around 12 hours.
I just copied a few books..
I saw that links, thank you. I restarted but it didn't work, and I'm not able to see hidden folders..
Old 12-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you are on Mac, you may use a tool named OnyX to show the hidden files.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
If you are on Mac, you may use a tool named OnyX to show the hidden files.
No, I'm on win....

**Update**

It woke up, at last!

Last edited by Jane Eyre; 12-03-2018 at 02:58 PM.