Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #106
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
She’s drop dead gorgeous! I have a soft spot for torties (calicos), my Kitty Girl is a subdued tortie!
Well, since you complimented her, here are some other photos that show her coat & coloring better - she is gorgeous!

The first photo compares Stella (at 5 months old) with Sammie (adult) the tuxedo cat.
The second photo is Stella at 1 year old. She currently weighs in now around 15 pounds, and eats anything that hits the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S & S 2.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	113848   Click image for larger version

Name:	STELLA 1-yr-old.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	113849  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #107
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Here's My Kitty Girl:

In the early aughts I used to work on the Big Island of Hawaii, and lived on Oahu; so I had a small apartment in Hilo, and would commute home on weekends. After I’d been there for about a year, Kitty Girl consented to share my apartment and keep me company on those lonely week nights.

Since she didn’t want to be alone on weekends she would accompany me on the flight home. The airline would let her travel in her carrier as carryon baggage, and all the TSA folks were on first name basis with her. So Kitty Girl has more frequent flier miles than most people!

Last edited by wodin; 10-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #108
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She closely resembles Stella's coat coloring - in short hair. Beautiful!

I flew with a cat once - from Seattle to Atlanta - with my cat as carry on baggage. All the flight attendants found an excuse to visit my seat and meet Buster cat. And kept trying to serve a saucer of milk to him. He was tranquilized and asleep for the flight. I fell asleep too, and was abruptly awakened by a women across the aisle shouting "Your luggage is moving! There's an animal in it!" Buster had rolled over in his sleep and stuck a paw out of an air hole. Once she realized it was a cat, and not a rat, she calmed down.
I switched planes in Atlanta, and the inspectors asked me to open the carrier - I refused to risk Buster waking up and dashing off through the airport - so 2 inspectors picked up the carrier and peeked through the air holes to verify it was indeed a live cat, and not a bomb. Sigh....
Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #109
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
When my employer transferred me back to Oahu, I had to give up my Hilo apartment, so Kitty Girl decided to join the colony that currently resides in my home, with the stipulation that she could be the Queen. That was ok with everyone except Punkin, the reigning Queen. They mostly stay in separate parts of the house, but occasionally meet to argue about it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #110
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
The picture of Pi reminds me, a number of years ago my wife had a flop eared rabbit, and I have a video somewhere of BunnyBunny chasing Fred the cat around the bathroom!

I don't think Fred or BunnyBunny understood the food chain.

My daughter has attempted to make Pi a flop-eared by repeatedly holding his ears down beside his head. I tried to tell her that is not how it works, but she still persists.

Pi also chases both Pocket and Lilly around the room. With his coloration I halfway believe he thinks he's a Rottweiler.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #111
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
A nicely matched pair! Even the same pose.
Kind of you to say. Thanks. It was very fortunate timing to catch them like that. I got the dog just as her tongue was retracting back in, so she's got a funny look.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1005123_10200947157576718_1522428902_n_zps070bdfd7.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	114040  
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #113
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Ahhhhhhhh. How precious.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #114
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Ow! Ow-ow-ow-ow...

My teeth hurt. I think that picture just gave me cavities.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #115
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Today is National Cat Day, kitty lovers.

Name:  black_kitties.gif
Views: 168
Size:  8.1 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #116
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I thought everyday was Cat Day.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #117
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I thought everyday was Cat Day.
It sure is at my house! 24 x 7 x 365 x .........
Old 10-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #118
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
It sure is at my house! 24 x 7 x 365 x .........
That's the difference between cat people and household staff. Time off.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #119
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here's Clinton.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #120
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Brooks View Post
Here's Clinton.
What pretty eyes!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats!