Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
JohnFreeman
JohnFreeman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Chapter markers for chapters with the same name

Hey,

I am trying to get chapter markers to work using Calibre for an omnibus edition of four novels. Each novel has chapters named "Chapter One" and on. For some reason, Calibre only adds chapter marks for unique chapter names. So, after it has done "Chapter One" in the first book it skips it in the next books. Is there a way to get Calibre to ignore the fact that it is an identical name? I can't seem to find any method of doing this.

Thank you. I hope this is an easy problem to fix.
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well for epub - enable heuristics should tag all chapters. open then save the calibre output in Sigil should then build a complete ,nested TOC. works for me.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
JohnFreeman
JohnFreeman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you VERY MUCH cybmole. It worked great! I didn't even think of using Sigil.

Thank you again
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote