Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
What happened to calibre-debug "--develop-from" option?

Oops! This makes development more difficult. I upgraded to 6.25 and re-installed the command-line tools. But then I discovered that I can no longer run from my bazaar project folder. Running:

> calibre-debug --develop-from src

Gives me:
calibre-debug: error: no such option: --develop-from

I typed "calibre-debug --help" to see if I did a typo and noticed that "--develop-from" is no longer there!

So, what's the trick now? How do I designate my source folder for development?

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no need to do it any more. Just set th eenvironment variable and everything happens automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #3
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Hmmm...it now runs an interactive environment now. Nice touch. However, I can't start the gui anymore:

> calibre-debug -g
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/calibre-debug.py", line 12, in <module>
main()
File "/Users/jim/Projects/Calibre/calibre/src/calibre/debug.py", line 163, in main
from calibre.gui2.main import main
File "/Users/jim/Projects/Calibre/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 15, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.ui import Main
ImportError: No module named ui

Any ideas?

- Jim
Old 12-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you updated to the latest bzr?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Probably not. I haven't updated to OS X Snow Leopard yet. Updating individual utilities within OS X is a bit of a pain. I suppose I could just blow it away and download fresh for now.

- Jim
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I meant the latest checkout of the calibre source. (I'd forgotten to commit the gui2.ui file in the original commit)
Old 12-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Ah, I'll do it again. I did do a bzr revert (get rid of my useless tweaks) followed by a bzr merge, but that was yesterday morning.

- Jim