Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Display problem - white vertical line

One of my readers has suddenly developed a strange display problem: a white vertical line across the whole display, right in the middle. It looks much like a result of faulty LCD display. Is there anything I can do about it, short of replacing the reader or getting used to it?
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Vertical and horizontal lines on the screen generally indicate a faulty display controller. This should be fixable under warranty.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
I was afraid of that - I don't live in any of the officially supported countries so I am afraid my options are rather limited :-(
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
It can maybe be a faulty soldering. Opening it up and see if the problem disappear if you apply pressure on the circuit board is one way to find such problems.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hi there.

You can ALWAYs return your reader to Sony USA for repair if you have a valid purchase receipt.

I live in Holland and had a problem with a PRS 505 that I thought needed to be fixed in the service workshop.

As I lost my purchase receipt I had to opened her up myself (which turned out to be pretty simple) and it turned out that I could fix it myself (a ZIF cable had come partly loose).

But I could have returned it to the USA for repairs.

They started selling the reader in Germany last week so I guess you could also send it there for reapairs if you live in Europe.

This is the Sony reply to my mail about repairs from a non "service" country....

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

Our warranty only allows for repairs to be performed at our U.S. service centers. Please ship your unit to:

Laredo Repair Center
10227 Crossroads Loop
Suite# C
Laredo, TX 78045

Please package your product in the original box (if available) or a box of similar size and strength. We suggest you add bubble pack or heavily tape the original foam shell around the unit before inserting it into the box (avoid using plastic peanuts as they shift during transit). We also recommend that you choose a carrier that will allow you to track your unit to the service center and offers insurance. Sony is not liable for inbound shipping damages. Be sure to retain a copy of your shipping and insurance paperwork.

Please include the following information with your shipment:

Your name
A current email address
Contact phone number
Domestic return shipping address - *1
A copy of your purchase receipt - *2
Note detailing all errors and symptoms
List of included parts and accessories

*1 - We strongly recommend you provide a physical U.S. street address for UPS or FedEx delivery. If you have a relative, friend or business associate here we strongly suggest you use theirs. Then after they have received your unit, they can forward it to your current location at their expense using any carrier of your choice. Although Sony will ship your item to any address your request, if you insist on a non-U.S. address (or a PO/APO/FPO box), we will only ship the unit via U.S. mail.
U.S. mail deliveries will be shipped without any insurance or tracking data purchased by Sony. In these instances you must agree in writing to also release Sony from all liability for the safe return of your item or we will refuse to ship the item.
You should also be aware that Sony will NOT pay for any required import taxes, tariffs or other fees levied by your country.

*2 - This is required for both warranty status verification and customs.
Do NOT send us the original, it will not be returned with the unit.

Thank you for your time.

The Sony Email Response Team
C623
Gary

Last edited by wild_Willie2; 03-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
luluching
luluching began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
I also had a white vertical line appear in the middle of the screen. I also live in a non US country, I like to try to fix the reader on my own. What will I do? Is this just a faulty soldering?

What causes this problem?
luluching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Andresita
Andresita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Help, please

I have a Sony Ebook reader 505. Yesterday I accidentally dropped it on the floor and now the screen looks like the picture shows.
I don't think the screeen broken, but I'm not sure.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Andresita is offline   Reply With Quote