Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
Jonnster
Jonnster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Web Page To Mobi?

I am trying to convert web page articles from www.codeproject.com so I can view them on my Kindle 3. From Google Chrome I use save complete web page and then connvert this HTML in either Calibre or Mobipocket Creator. However, the output is poorly formatted. Now I have the same problem with PDFs and understand the reasoning behind the problems with PDFs. But with HTML I expected a lot more. I thought it would be a lot easier to maintain the formatting.

For example http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet...erializer.aspx

Are there any better methods to get an article from a web page and convert it to a Kindle readable format?

Last edited by Jonnster; 05-10-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Jonnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Jonnster

I should have added to this that before I save the HTML, I click on the print button on the article page and save this HTML not the main page HTML.
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have you tried Instapaper? It provides a Kindle version and using their bookmarklet couldn't be easier.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Jonnster

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Jonnster

That was pretty good and definitely perfectly readable. However, I've found a method I prefer. I installed CuteFTP Writer and then from Firefox select page setup. From here I select my Kindle page settings (8.5cm width and 11.4cm height and 0 margin). Then select print, select the CuteFTP printer option and print it out. The result is a nicely formatted PDF that is the correct size for the Kindle.

This leads me on to my next question. Last week I setup that Kindle page option but I cannot remember how I did it. I want to replicate it on another machine. I don't suppose anyone can remind me how I did it.
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
check out this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129174
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote