Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
ALesha
ALesha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo screen faded to white

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Sadly, my first post is about an issue.
Was happy with my Kobo Glo for about a year before I started playing with different firmware (not extensively in my view). I tested out a firmware from Marek (Android) then tried switching back to the original Kobo Glo firmware by replacing the SD card inside and BOOM ... the screen faded and gradually turned into a totally white one (within a minute or so).

The frontlight works and the book itself works (judging by the flashing light when I restart it) and I also can see some ghostly images of what is supposed to be on the screen (extremely faded).

I tried fixing it by disassembling the book and checking all the cables, connections, etc. I also switched the SD cards between Marek's image and the orginal one - no difference, the screen is close to being totally white.

So I am asking for your kind help here - is there anything else you think I could in this situation before throwing it into the rubbish bin?

The only related topic I could find in this forum was this one and it did not end up with any resolution - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=screen+fade

Thank you.

Cheers,
Alex
ALesha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faded, ghostly, images, kobo, screen