Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
durflir
durflir began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622/624
Unhappy Pocketbook Basic Touch (624) internal SD card image

Hello,

i just recently tried to update PB 624 which was not used for a while with newer firmware (from old version around 4.4.4xx). I started update directly in the e-book reader over WiFi. Since then the reader seems to be stuck in a boot loop with only the hourglass animation displayed.

I knew that the reader has removable internal SD card so I gently got it out and it seems that it got messed up by the update. For instance partition that should mount as /mnt/secure is not readable and seems corrupted so that might be one of the issues why it cannot boot. The SD card itself seems to be working correctly.

I wanted to ask here if some good soul could help me by providing an image copy of their internal SD card from a Pocketbook 624. To be true I would be happy for any SD card bitcopy from any device with a firmware version around 4.4.

I just don't want to throw away a fully functioning device just because someone did a really bad job with their proprietary code... Thanks for any help.

EDIT: It seems that not just 624 can be affected by update corruption but also Basic 2 (614) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261026

Last edited by durflir; 08-01-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Found a relevant thread
durflir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
kres67
kres67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W Basic 2
Is anybody still interested about internal memory card Image overwriting on Pocketbooks?
Found related info on one of the Russian e-book sites and can translate it here if needed.
kres67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2018, 02:50 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Yes please, if it has other infos then this thread:
TL3/626 Can't write on internal memory
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
kres67
kres67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W Basic 2
Have red your post #29 there- so, you know already about this way of repair. At the moment I'm awaiting reply from that service center if they can send me new image.
kres67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
kalahari
kalahari began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 616w
I have a broken Pocketbook 624 (sat on it).
Do you want the device to pull out the internal flash?
It still boots, so I could pull out my config files.
kalahari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #6
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
Please, here's the link to my card image: LINK
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #7
Chop_luftmysza
Chop_luftmysza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 / Pocketbook 624
Hi
I have a problem with my Pocketbook 624 - it stuck on logo and cannot boot any more. I tried many suggestions - hard reset, charging, checking SDSN. I checked this SDSN by flashing some image on the sdcard and reader showed this number, so I hope it is not damaged completely.
I also tried flashing official firmware update - and still hanging on logo :/
Now I saw your thread and I was hope that it is possible to flash firmware image and rescue my reader.
I download the last post's image and flashed on my sdcard (2gb SanDisk) using Win32DiskImager, put this card to reader, tried to falsh it, successfully I hope, but this unfortunately didn't solve this problem.
My reader still is still showing a boot logo (sandglass) and flashing a green diode.

Have you any other ideas how to rescue my device? Maybe there is any other way to flash this firmware image?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.
Chop_luftmysza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #8
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
You can not use my card image directly. You must convert it under your sdsn. Read this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=278728&page=4
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic touch, bitcopy, firmware 4.4, pocketbook 624, sd card image