Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #76
ytsejam1138
ytsejam1138 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage and PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete330 View Post
Anyone interested in the most current version of gargoyle with an early version of TADS 3.1.3 integration (code from this branch: https://github.com/cspiegel/garglk/t...3-tads-upgrade), let me know. I have a version running on my PW3.
PM sent.
ytsejam1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:16 AM   #77
pete330
Connoisseur
pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here is the current build tested with PW3 and firmware 5.8.1. Put the gargoyle directory contained in the zip archive in the /mnt/us/extensions directory. The garglk.ini file should be placed in the dist directory where the executable is located. A sample file is provided, should work out of the box.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gargoyle.zip (2.00 MB, 197 views)
pete330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #78
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Thanks, Pete330!
I can confirm it's working on my freshly jailbroken PW3.
Only:
  1. Images(where present) show up in smaller size due to the higher resolution of PW3
  2. After quitting a game, A further 'enter' is required to get back to the kindle main screen(wasn't required in PW1)
  3. Keyboard seems smaller (this is the default kindle keyboard used by all apps, i suppose)
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:23 AM   #79
pete330
Connoisseur
pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

many thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
  1. Images(where present) show up in smaller size due to the higher resolution of PW3
  2. After quitting a game, A further 'enter' is required to get back to the kindle main screen(wasn't required in PW1)
That's just how mainline gargoyle works, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
  1. Keyboard seems smaller (this is the default kindle keyboard used by all apps, i suppose)
The keyboard look was changed in one of the more recent firmware versions.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #80
pete330
Connoisseur

Here's the github repo for Gargoyle's Kindle port:
https://github.com/poker335/garglk/tree/kindle
Advert
Old 07-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #81
fexofenadine
Senior Turbonerd
fexofenadine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Touch
Looking great on KV here too pete330, thanks!
fexofenadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #82
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gargoyle hangs on Ditch.gam

The latest Gargoyle version on kindle is not able to open the TADS game/story file "ditch.gam". This is the original "Ditch Day Drifter" TADS reference game released with the first version of the TADS interpreter.
An error message saying file not in proper format is displayed, after which the kindle has to be hard rebooted to quit.

Was working ok in the previous version. Also works ok in the windows port of gargoyle.
Some bug in the latest TADS interpreter port?

Last edited by nasser; 08-21-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:36 AM   #83
nasser
Evangelist

Looks like I was wrong..
I tried re-installing the older version of the port.
Ditch.gam doesn't work on it too.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 AM   #84
nasser
Evangelist

Sorry again!
The game file was corrupt.
Checked again with ok file. Works with both old and latest Gargoyle port version.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #85
pete330
Connoisseur

Here is the current build tested with PW3 and firmware 5.8.7. Incorporates @salty-horse's fix for image display problems from mainline gargoyle (e.g. Leadlight Gamma now doesn't crash anymore after initial graphics).
Attached Files
File Type: zip gargoyle.zip (2.72 MB, 205 views)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #86
pete330
Connoisseur

Here is the current build tested with PW3 and firmware 5.8.7. Incorporated features & patches:
  • New: Double tap word to add to input line (https://github.com/RedHatter/granite)
  • New: Glulxe 0.5.4 & Git 1.3.5 interpreter update
  • Current Tads version 3.1.3 update
  • @salty-horse's fix for image display problems from mainline gargoyle (e.g. Leadlight Gamma now doesn't crash anymore after initial graphics)

Github:
https://github.com/poker335/garglk
Attached Files
File Type: zip gargoyle.zip (2.55 MB, 213 views)

Last edited by pete330; 02-25-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #87
Manny_Belano
Manny_Belano began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (B011; K5)
Hi, friends:

I'm returning to this thread after a while and I have one question: this last build of the gargoyle port is only used with the PW, or it can also be used with the kindle touch?

I'm using right now the gargoyle 0.2 made by bat in my kindle touch and it works great. But I wanted to know if the last version made by pete330 is a better option.

Thanks in advance.
Manny_Belano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #88
lllusion
Enthusiast
lllusion began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Anyone get this working on the Oasis? Sounds really cool but I'm such a layperson that I kinda wait for others before I jump in..
lllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #89
pete330
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_Belano View Post
Hi, friends:
this last build of the gargoyle port is only used with the PW, or it can also be used with the kindle touch?

I'm using right now the gargoyle 0.2 made by bat in my kindle touch and it works great. But I wanted to know if the last version made by pete330 is a better option.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I only own a PW3, so I can't tell you if my recent build runs on Kindle Touch. Just start the new version and see if it runs.

Some games, especially games requiring a recent TADS version, won't run with the older 0.2 version.

As long as your games seem to work & you are not interested in the added features in the new build (like tap to insert), there is no need to upgrade. But you could try running the new version nevertheless and give us feedback.

Pete
Old 04-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #90
pete330
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllusion View Post
Anyone get this working on the Oasis? Sounds really cool but I'm such a layperson that I kinda wait for others before I jump in..
Did you give it a try and ran into problems?