Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Exclamation Covers not added

Hello,
my version of calibre is 0.6.54.
I have the following problem: I have selected "Read Metadata only from filename". After having added about 500 ebooks I have discovered that COVERS have not been added.
Is there a way to tell Calibre to Extract the COVERS from the selected books ? This would help a lot as I have already deleted the original directory and can't add them again.

Giuseppe Chillemi
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not in bulk you have to do it one by one via the edit meta information dialog
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you save your books to disk it should save a copy of the cover seperately in the same folder as a .jpg unless you have that option unchecked
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
If you save your books to disk it should save a copy of the cover seperately in the same folder as a .jpg unless you have that option unchecked
The cover has to exist in Calibre before Calibre will save them to disk.

Kovid, the creator of Calibre stated above that under the circumstances presented the only solution was one book at a time via the edit meta information dialog.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not in bulk you have to do it one by one via the edit meta information dialog
I am using an user interface automator to get the covers.

However I have a feature request: could you add an option to read metadata from filenames and covers from the book ?

Giuseppe Chillemi
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert