Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
elandar23
elandar23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which is the best eBook Shop?

Hi!

I just decided, that I want to buy "Tokyo Vice - by Jake Adelstein" for my new iRex Digital Reader.

From which online shop should I buy it? I don't really care about the format or DRM as long as it is compatible to the iRex DR or can easily be converted.

I just want it as cheap as possible and not getting ripped off.
elandar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandar23 View Post
Hi!

I just decided, that I want to buy "Tokyo Vice - by Jake Adelstein" for my new iRex Digital Reader.

From which online shop should I buy it? I don't really care about the format or DRM as long as it is compatible to the iRex DR or can easily be converted.

I just want it as cheap as possible and not getting ripped off.
Why not search using ebooks.addall.com?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I think you'll find there is not one that is always better. Another search site is inkmesh at
http://inkmesh.com/
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Here's Tokyo Vice on Inkmesh: http://inkmesh.com/ebooks/tokyo-vice...?qs=Tokyo+Vice
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
elandar23
elandar23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, exactly the information I was looking for.
elandar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandar23 View Post
Thanks, exactly the information I was looking for.

good, and MR fulfils its function as the fount of all knowledge .....

please stay and join in ..... (large bars of dark chocolate)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
good, and MR fulfils its function as the fount of all knowledge .....
What!? Crap!! Wrong one again... I thought this was the world domination forum
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
That's a subsection of the Lounge. Catire was trying to make a go of it but ran into a mounting level of ennui, so he had to move there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post

not quite - that's only on Trusdays last week in the coming decade .....
Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 AM   #10
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I read Tokyo Vice a couple of months ago. Great book. Enjoy.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Just don't get it from the Sony ebook store. They tend to be a bit higher priced, and you can only buy books through their software (which freezes all the time.)
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
If the question truly is: "Which is the best eBook Shop?" then the answer is Amazon, hands down, for service, selection, price over time, perks, secure payment, and a future.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
If the question truly is: "Which is the best eBook Shop?" then the answer is Amazon, hands down, for service, selection, price over time, perks, secure payment, and a future.
...and easy returns if needed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 AM   #14
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post

can I buy if I don't have a kindle or kindle app ?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
can I buy if I don't have a kindle or kindle app ?
Nope. That is the rub. Most of the books come with Kindle DRM, so you are stuck reading them on a Kindle. Granted, there are worse reading environments to be trapped in... but still, if you decide to move to another device later or software later, you either loose the books or will have to find a way to get around the DRM.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote