Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Pavel, you around?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...749#post758749

A real plus for Ectaco I think would be a solar powered battery charger as an accessory. Ideally it would have a battery in it that would charge when in sunlight. Plug it into a jetbook for a few hours and the Jetbook is ready to go again. Solar charger goes back into the window to recharge.

I know the costs of solar panels is dropping pretty nicely.

Also I wondered if Ectaco had ever considered offering preloaded SD cards for Jetbook. Especially for people who do not have regular access to Computers, etc. With the low costs of SD cards, and the availability of so many public domain books I think this is a service that many new buyers would be interested in.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...749#post758749

Also I wondered if Ectaco had ever considered offering preloaded SD cards for Jetbook. Especially for people who do not have regular access to Computers, etc. With the low costs of SD cards, and the availability of so many public domain books I think this is a service that many new buyers would be interested in.
I completely agree about the SD card. The success of the jetBook need not rely upon people's computers and their computer skills.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Enterprising people

Several users here could offer that service at a nominal cost.

For instance create cards that have the following libraries:

Masters: Dickens, Shakespeare, Poe, etc.

Science Fiction: Heinlien, Norton, etc.

Mystery collection, romance collection, etc.

We could gather these from the public domain sources and place them here on MobileRead for people that want to create their own SD cards and supply the pre-programmed SD cards to people that want them.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Interesting points.

The jetBook does have all those classics pre-loaded, but the fact that we have the choice to download virtually any books we want to it is the greatest feature of all.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Interesting points.

The jetBook does have all those classics pre-loaded, but the fact that we have the choice to download virtually any books we want to it is the greatest feature of all.
yes, you can also save your own documents for example in RTF format.
I did it many times with my agreements, notes etc.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert