Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
Cannot start an application. Is it properly jailbroken?

Hi
I'm trying to install librerator on k3g. I have no prior experience with jailbreak/launchpad/librerator, so I'm not sure what part my issue is related to.
I've successfully installed librerator on k3g device, but have problems with another.
Detayls:
i ran jailbreak on a low battery, so it said that update won't run. After the charge jailbreak failed. I assumed that it got installed the 1st time, ran launchpad, then copied the librerator and s-s-i.
I got failure on that.
I've uninstalled lpad and jailbreak, then installed them again. Still I get failure on shift-shift-i.
Could you plz help?
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay. One option that you could do is redirect the failure output to a visible file.

Inside the script that starts librerator (in this case) you could put a redirector for the error output.

I see that you have chosen NOT to start librerator using KUAL (and I dont use launchpad but) I am going to assume the principle is similar.

here is an example of redirecting program output using kual:

You put an extra &> /path/to/file-for-output.txt on the call

{"name": "Open last document", "priority": 2, "action": "/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh &> /mnt/us/documents/lib-fail.txt"}

you can also redirect ALL error out like 2>&1

{"name": "Open last document", "priority": 2, "action": "/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh 2>&1 /mnt/us/documents/lib-fail.txt"}

Here is an examples of that in action AND I JUST WOKE UP SO CHECK I GOT THIS RIGHT
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/redirec...err-to-stdout/

This will give you a human readable file to see what the program is complaining about.

Now... About S S I

I checked and HERE are the keys (in launchpad) for librerator

Quote:
[Actions]
# start librerator with filebrowser in /mnt/us/documents
L L = !/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh /mnt/us/documents
# start librerator without framework in /mnt/us/documents
L K = !/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh --framework_stop /mnt/us/documents
# restart amazon framework - when it got irritated
L R = !/etc/init.d/framework restart
so one could possibly add to that like

Quote:
# start librerator with filebrowser in /mnt/us/documents with some output
L Z = !/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh /mnt/us/documents 2>&1 /mnt/us/documents/lib-fail.txt
please check the launchpad documentation (or prior examples) to make sure I didn't get that wrong.

Anyways if all that fails...

install KUAL and check if you can run it via that.

You can always uninstall KUAL afterwards if you really don't wanna use it.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2013 at 05:20 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
TLDR;

Duokan killed your jailbreak.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote