Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Dictionary problem

I downloaded the New Oxford American Dictionary some time ago. It works just fine when I touch a word in any book I am reading. It immediately shows the definition and other information for that word. Then I merely tap the back arrow to return to page I was reading.

However, when i go to "Books," open the dictionary, click on "Search" and type in a word, it shows a huge number of hits with that word as part of longer words. I have tried putting a space before and after the word I type in the search box, starting it with a capital letter, but nothing seems to help.

I would have thought the word I typed in would be the first one shown, followed by it as parts of words, but no such luck.

As with most search engines, you have a choice of the word only or as part of other words. Nothing like that here that i can see.

Any way around this problem?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote