Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I think that is actually a feature--if you have a wonky Db (and these things do happen), the next update will tell you to do a factory reset. This can happen before you have noticed any ill effects from the Db problems.

Factory resets on the Touch remove all the sideloaded books, too, btw--unlike the resets on the earlier readers. I keep all my sideloaded books on an SD card. After a reset, I have to let the books process, but I don't have to move them again. I turn the reader off and take my card out, btw, before the reset. What i don't know is if a single book can corrupt the Db and if that could be the reason we got the message to begin with.

Here i was all excited a new firmware and started a thread but you guys beat me! lol

Yeah I keep all my personal ebooks on an sd card as well. So what improvements were brought to the power and stability issues some guys were mentioning?

Any other things we should know?

btw for one thing I am loving the current enhancements!

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

new desktop software as well

It would appear that the desktop software has updated as well.. version 2.0.2
Anyone have any ideas as to what this will do for us?

regards

jack

Last edited by jackastor; 06-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I think that is actually a feature--if you have a wonky Db (and these things do happen), the next update will tell you to do a factory reset. This can happen before you have noticed any ill effects from the Db problems.
Yes, this happened to me when I first installed the beta and I was told that this was on purpose - it does a check. I think they should post this in the list of new features so that people are clear that the new update is fixing their database, not causing the corruption.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
WOW.. Just updated Sooty's Touch for her What a change!

/me has real Touch envy now!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #20
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
WOW.. Just updated Sooty's Touch for her What a change!

/me has real Touch envy now!
PT: just been noticeing your ticker tape.. can you tell me where you got it from amd how it works?

It looks kind of fun.

regards

jack
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard

just tried the fonts directory, I have added a few more fonts here about 5 more.. Is there a limit to the fonts we can use? Or can the choice be limitless?

regards

jack
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
Yes, this happened to me when I first installed the beta and I was told that this was on purpose - it does a check. I think they should post this in the list of new features so that people are clear that the new update is fixing their database, not causing the corruption.
The original post was updated to reflect this.

- When the device starts up and after it is unplugged from a computer a check is performed on the database and the file system and the user is notified if recovery is required via a factory reset. A similar check on the desktop was put in the 2.0.1 release.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
PT: just been noticeing your ticker tape.. can you tell me where you got it from amd how it works?

It looks kind of fun.

regards

jack
The tape comes from (as it says :P) http://www.tickerfactory.com/ ; specifically http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...er.php?type=14
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #24
jackastor
Wizard

Thank you PeterT

regards

jack
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #25
snirp
snirp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I wonder if this new firmware will solve my new weird battery issue. I'll have to try it tonight when I get home.
snirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #26
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snirp View Post
I wonder if this new firmware will solve my new weird battery issue. I'll have to try it tonight when I get home.
I wanted to know that as well...

And what other fixes it might bring besides the enhancements.

Kobo Dudes any enlightenment for us?

regards

jack
Old 06-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
A particular issue with detecting a proper full charge has been resolved. The issue with the battery reporting a low charge is still baking.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #28
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.talusan View Post
A particular issue with detecting a proper full charge has been resolved. The issue with the battery reporting a low charge is still baking.
SO GT is that fix in this relase of 1.9.5?

regards

jack
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #29
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
font changes (included side loaded fonts) line spacing and justification work but margins not so much.

At this point there doesnt seem to be any reason to complain about about a lack of font or typographic settings if you dont like one of the five included fonts you can load your own. Can your Nook do that?
For the margins issue there is simple fix, just edit your css file and remove the 2 lines that are marked margin-left: 5pt; and margin-right: 5pt; for the style that defines the body (normally it is .calibre)

To be sure you can look at the source of a html and just look where
<body class="calibre"> (calibre here being the style you want to edit). If you only have <body> then margins should work.

I have already told the dev about this fix and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

P.S. I may update my app to change this automatically, any one interested?

Last edited by Nigol; 06-28-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
f you had trouble I wonder if your DB was a bit iffy to start with. If so do a reset now and save yourself a headache in the future
All I've ever done is load in a bunch of books with Calibre. Once. And that's it. Nothing else other than reading books of course. So I have no idea how the DB got corrupt.

Hmm, maybe that release of Calibre was a bit wonky.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote