Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
BSquared18
BSquared18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to Add a Link to TOC in Mobipocket-Built File?

Hi,

I've successfully built my image-laden Kindle project using Mobipocket Creator. The project was built from scratch using html.

A nice-to-have but not need-to-have feature would be a link on the last page that would allow the reader to easily go back to the table of contents without having to use Kindle's menu system.

I experimented by implanting the following code in my html file:

<center><a href="#toc">Table of Contents</a></center>

I used "toc" because I saw that notation in the .prc code and thought the tag might point to that. But it didn't work; the link wasn't recognized.

Any suggestions? FYI, I don't want to add html tags to manually create the entire TOC. MPC does a great job of that, and, as I say above, the extra internal link would be nice but not essential. If it cannot be done, so be it.

Bill
BSquared18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I see that your post is over a week old and it hadn't received any responses. Sorry, but I just saw it. You may have already found the answer, but here's what I do:

In the place where you want the link to appear (the last page, in your case), the HTML looks like this:

Code:
<a href="#toc">Table of Contents</a>
Then, right before the actual Table of Contents, insert this code:

Code:
<a name="toc" />
I hope that helps!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Actually, that won't work, DreamWriter, and I responded to this poster on another thread in this forum with the answer.

Best regards,
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, mobipocket creator, mpc