Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
jom
jom began at the beginning.

Device: n900
send book to device - ignores directory

In the Preferences - Device Interface Plugins, in customise the Android driver I have the following directories configured:

eBooks/import, wordplayer/calibretransfer, Books

On my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S), when I send a book to the device via "Send to main memory", it stores the book in the "Books" subdirectory as expected. However when I do "Send to storage card A", it ignores the "Books" subdirectory and stores the book in the root of the storage card.

Is it possible to change the default behaviour for the Android so that sending to storage card A uses the configured subdirectories (as it does when sending to main memory)?

I don't understand why it would ignore the subdirectories configuration for the card, it seems like a bug.
jom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the reason there is subdirectory setting for the main memory is that programs running on the device often require books to be in a particular directory. there is no such restriction for books on the card, so there is no directory specification for them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert