Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Do you think sony prs t3 will be rooted?

Or perhaps, won´t be

I like so much t2 and t1 rooted, and if sony prs t3 will be rooted, I considered buy it when prices down.

Thanks in advanced.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-T2, PRS-T3
Beware to keep initial Firmware on the reader as long as possible.A user in a German forum, is asking for T3 owners with the 1.0.00 firmware if they could do a test on their reader using the SD card to look for rootability.
ebookread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookread View Post
Beware to keep initial Firmware on the reader as long as possible.A user in a German forum, is asking for T3 owners with the 1.0.00 firmware if they could do a test on their reader using the SD card to look for rootability.

, i hope it will be rooted
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Stingy
Stingy began at the beginning.

Device: None
Does anyone know what version of Android it uses yet?

I've taken the plunge and ordered a T3 direct from Sony. I'm really hoping that it runs Android 2.3 or above and that I can install a few apps.

Is there a way I can backup the firmware as soon as I get it in case I mess up trying to root it later?

Last edited by Stingy; 10-23-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Stingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
Stingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookread View Post
Have you got a link for this German site?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
hansl
Zealot
hansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Sony PRS-T3S, CoolReader on 4'' Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
Have you got a link for this German site?
You can find it at allesebook.de in the first Sony forum page.
The poster asks for a private message in this forum for negotiating the SD-Card test details.
However, the poster suspects that the firmware update could have closed the rooting vulnerability because the title of the update was strange (something with the name of the German dictionary). In fact the update improves the German hyphenation, so I won't bet on a root hole with the original firmware.

hansl
[I stopped betting anyway, because I always lose ]

Last edited by hansl; 10-25-2013 at 08:18 AM.
hansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
sento
Zealot
sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sento ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansl View Post
You can find it at allesebook.de in the first Sony forum page.
The poster asks for a private message in this forum for negotiating the SD-Card test details.
However, the poster suspects that the firmware update could have closed the rooting vulnerability because the title of the update was strange (something with the name of the German dictionary). In fact the update improves the German hyphenation, so I won't bet on a root hole with the original firmware.

hansl
[I stopped betting anyway, because I always lose ]
He wanted to root his device and wasn't sucessfull with his one, which had firmware 1.0.01... So he wanted to test it with a T3 with firmware 1.0. He wrote in a later post that his attempt was a complete failure.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Stingy

The thread is question is:
http://allesebook.de/forum/showthrea...1-0-00-rootbar

Yes, people seem a bit negative about the prospects of the T3 being rooted. With no US users it falls to a smaller number of interested people.

I got my T3 today and I think it's a beautifully made device. Being able to run a couple of apps on it would make it even better. As I bought it direct from Sony UK I have 30 days in which to decide if I want to return it.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Waiting be rooted steps.

It can support mutil language and file format.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Yes, if rooted, T3 would be near perfect. Compared to the newest generation PW2 and Nook - with glowing screens, two unnecessary layers on top and no buttons.
Unfortunately, there is not enough interest to get it rooted.

The consolation is that rooted T2 is already a great reader and its lower resolution compared to T3 is not really a big deal.
I have Kobo Aura HD with extremely high resolution (265 ppi, 1440 x 1080) screen and you can read a really fine print on it - tiny tiny letters but still sharp and crisp and easy to read. But when the font size is as in regular printed books I don't feel that on T2 letters look any worse than on Aura HD. I don't feel a difference. I read without a magnifying glass and I try to read a-word-at-a-time, not to inspect each curve in letters.

Last edited by parkher; 11-25-2013 at 12:58 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Is it possible to add custom fonts to a T3 without rooting it?

My current readers are pre-T series, so I have no experience with T1 or T2. I should have a T3 in a few days (from Canada).

I seem to recall reading that Sony tries to prevent any hacking of the T's including adding fonts. I hope I am wrong.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
The Sony T1 and T2 make poor rooted e-readers. Much better to go with the Nook ST which can be had cheap. But I can see people might want to install a better pdf reader.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
It seems that situation is becoming desperate (for those who do not own T2 or T1).
There are no readers worth buying except T3 if it were rooted.
Perhaps Nook ST, they still can be found.

Can somebody name a reader which has the following features I want:
1. e-ink screen with HD resolution.
2. no integrated light (yes, NO light!)
3. IR touch screen (NOT capacitive!)
4. hardware buttons
5. can run Cool Reader (android or linux) and integrated with it dictionaries.

When I drop the HD screen resolution requirement which is really the least important one, Nook ST seems to be the reader to get in the absence of rooted T3.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
Can somebody name a reader which has the following features I want:
1. e-ink screen with HD resolution.
2. no integrated light (yes, NO light!)
3. IR touch screen (NOT capacitive!)
4. hardware buttons
5. can run Cool Reader (android or linux) and integrated with it dictionaries.
IIRC the Onyx i62HD runs Cool Reader as one of it's readers (also runs FB Reader)...
http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...oft-touch.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 AM   #15
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC the Onyx i62HD runs Cool Reader as one of it's readers (also runs FB Reader)...
http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...oft-touch.html
Thanks! Do you know if it's also possible to add/integrate to it the app ColorDict with your own dictionaries?
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote