Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #2131
mjcaan
Aspiring Author
mjcaan began at the beginning.

Device: iPAd
Hello everyone!

MY name is MJ Caan and I am nearly finished with my first novel, Earth's First. It is a superhero thriller novel, that focuses on the characters as well as the action. Not for children if I must say so myself. I would love for anyone with interest in that genre to just take a look at the first few pages of the book and see what they think. I am dying for some creative criticism. I'll include the link below. Again, thanks for any help.
M.J. Caan
http://mjcaan.tumblr.com/post/27088893033/earthsfirst
mjcaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #2132
amywiseman
amywiseman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Edible Delectables FREE on Amazon!

A new contemporary romance: Edible Delectables is FREE by promotion for a limited time!

http://www.amazon.com/Edible-Delecta.../dp/B008JGCBXG

If you had a second chance at true love, would you risk everything for it? As an adult Kara Baker is living her dream of owning a thriving bakery. Unlucky at love, but happy with her life, fate is about to deliver her into the hands of her long lost, but never forgotten, teenage crush. Will she take a chance and risk her heart?

Kara Baker owns her own bakery. Jason Dietrich is a resident in pediatrics. Their worlds collide when Kara ends up in the hospital for appendicitis.
amywiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #2133
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The first book in the Justice series is only $0.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Justice-...pd_sim_kinc_44

Cruel Justice (Justice series (Book one))

The headless body of a wealthy widow is discovered
decomposing in Chelling Forest. Then a second victim is found. Detective
Inspector Lorne Simpkins and her partner, DS Pete Childs are assigned the case.
Before they can discover the identity of the killer they must make a connection
between the two victims.

After a third murder, Lorne receives a grisly surprise. Clearly, a vicious
serial killer is on a rampage...and Lorne has become the killer's fixation.

Lorne can't allow her failing marriage or her new boss--a man with whom she
shares a sensuous secret--keep her from focusing on her job. She must catch the
macabre murderer, or risk becoming the next victim.

Approx 88,000 words

This is the first in the Justice series, Impeding Justice and Final
Justice are also available on Amazon. Book four FOUL JUSTICE now
released. Priced at either $2.99 or $3.99
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #2134
HarrietSchultz
HarrietSchultz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
"Lust and Honor" is free!

My short story, Lust and Honor, a prequel to my novel, Legacy of the Highlands, is free on Amazon and most other e-book sites. It's got six 5-star reviews and is #3 on Amazon's bestseller list in its category (short fiction).

"What happens when the best man falls in love -- or is it lust -- with the bride?"

www.amazon.com/dp/B0087WZAIU
HarrietSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #2135
Seb Kirby
Seb Kirby
Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Seb Kirby writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 3G
New Seb Kirby thriller DOUBLE BIND

Hi

I'm pleased to announce my new thriller DOUBLE BIND .

Book description:

In Double Bind, successful writer Raymond Bridges must unravel a mystery that goes to the heart of his being and face apparently irresolvable doubts about his identity.

It's a thrilling journey that leads him to question so much of what he finds in the world around him - even the loyalty of those he knows and loves.

From the reviews of Double Bind

***** 'Put this on your must read list if you like a good, tight, well-written thriller.'

***** 'Hooks you early on.... it's hard to stop reading. An excellent story and really well told.'

US $2.99

UK £1.99

Germany €2,60

France €2,60

Spain €2,60

Italy €2,60

Best wishes

Seb
Seb Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #2136
James Wood
James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Have you ever run a Kickstarter to get your novel going? That's what I'm trying right now. Pre-selling the novel, essentially, as a way to build up an audience before the book actually launches. You can check it out here.

I'd love to know what you think.
James Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #2137
Libbyfh
Connoisseur
Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Ipad, Iphone
Visiting A Women's Prison's Book Club

Hi, all. Digital Book World has reprinted my visit to a women's prison in Racine, Wisconsin. I went there several years ago, but it remains one of the most moving experiences of my career.

Just click here to take a look. The women had read AN IMAGE OF DEATH, my 3rd Ellie Foreman mystery, to which I just got the e-rights back.
Libbyfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #2138
DaronFraley
Enthusiast
DaronFraley has learned how to buy an e-book online

Thirty Six, the Legend of the Lamed Vovniks

My newest novel, a religious romantic suspense story based on the Jewish legend of the Lamed Vovniks is now available.

http://www.amazon.com/Thirty-Six-ebook/dp/B008PSGIJ6
DaronFraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #2139
fictionbrigade
fictionbrigade began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle, Nook
FREE today

Last day to download "Byte-Sized" for FREE! [please replace with full url - moderator]

Last edited by dreams; 07-28-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: [please replace with full url - moderator]
fictionbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #2140
R.Stephenson
R.Stephenson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad

America is falling, ready to join the Roman Empire as a distant memory in the annals of history. The year is 2027. Tired and desperate, the American people are deep in the middle of The Second Great Depression. The Florida coastline is in ruins from the most powerful hurricane on record; a second just like it is bearing down on the state of Texas. For the first time in history, the Middle East has united as one and amassed the most formidable army the world has seen since the Third Reich. A hidden army of terrorists is on American soil. This is the story of three men: Howard Beck, the world’s richest man, also diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. Richard Dupree, ex-Navy SEAL turned escaped convict. Maxwell Harris, a crippled, burned out Chief of Police of a small Texas town. At first they must fight for their own survival against impossible odds. Finally, the three men must band together to save their beloved country from collapse.

Praise from Amazon readers:

Sweeping, character driven apocalypse
"... held me in its grip from start to finish, a fast paced, character driven story that explores the best and worst of humanity.... Most of all, Stephenson tells a riveting tale that starts with a bang and doesn't lose momentum."

Terrifying glimpse of what could be a reality!
.... a post-apocalyptic rollercoaster ride....The fact that it is only 15 years in the future is extremely frightening to me because this book is so realistic."

Dystopian science fiction page-turner
"...Stephenson dares to imagine the worst case scenario ..The ensuing chaos makes for great reading."

As scary as it is plausible
"Author Richard Stephenson has hit one out of the park... entertaining, intriguing and scary as hell."

ON SALE NOW AT AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/Collapse-New-A.../dp/B008HYUFWO
R.Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #2141
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Times of Trouble is the book of the day on Read Indies: http://readindies.blogspot.com/2012/....html?spref=tw

Times of Trouble and Times of Trial are Bargain eBook of the Day here:
http://hollysbargainebooks.wordpress...in-ebooks-625/
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #2142
CrystalMarcos
YA & Children's Author
CrystalMarcos began at the beginning.

Device: Nook and Kindle
Talking 2nd Annual Summer Giveaway Hop!

2nd Annual Summer Giveaway Hop
Co-Hosted by I am A Reader Not A Writer, Mary from BookHounds & Forever Young (adult).

My particular Giveaway is open internationally and one winner will receive ebook copies (Kindle versions) of BELLYACHE and HEADACHE (or $5 e-gift card if you already own them or don't have a Kindle)!

Have fun and good luck there are over 170 blogs participating! Ends August 7th 11:59 pm EST.

http://crystalmarcos.com/events.php
CrystalMarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #2143
tipplej
Jason
tipplej began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffnelder View Post
Please watch this vid trailer of ARIA and tell me what you think?
http://youtu.be/oh0AAXIe8VU

A 'like' click would be wonderful!
I watched it. Very impressive video quality and voice over.
I just found it scary...! especially when the wheelchair rolled past empty... Creepy! But well done!
tipplej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #2144
HarrietSchultz
HarrietSchultz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
#1 !!!

A very teenage OMG! to find Lust and Honor at #1 (again) on Amazon's short story bestseller list this morning. So thrilling. It's a very short short and a prequel to my novel, Legacy of the Highlands.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087WZAIU
HarrietSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #2145
sakman70
sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle (droid)
THE CYDONIA OBJECTIVE - Book 3 (the final?) in my Morpheus Initiative series featuring psychic archaeologists - is out in ebook (print version coming soon!)

“…Indiana Jones meets the X-Files — an archaeologist adventurer with psychic powers of remote viewing who can see the past, ancient treasures, historical mysteries, action and adventure that crosses the world, and a damned good story.” — Kevin J. Anderson, #1 international bestselling author of The Edge of the World.

http://www.amazon.com/Cydonia-Object...onia+objective
sakman70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo