Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The ability to directly import and convert numerous different input formats.
A very nice "GUI" editor for the OPF file.

Not vital, of course, but a real time-saver.
OK. I would probably not call these things capabilities or capabilities that do not exists in other tools. For other tools you just combine the tools and produce html first and use that is input. Emacs is a very nice editor to edit xml or sgml.

I asked to get ideas of things to add to Mobiperl.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's the OPF editor that I find most useful. Writing OPF files by hand really isn't easy! Obviously you can just copy an older one and edit it, but the way that Mobi Creator splits the contents of the file into separate pages (files, metadata, guide items, etc) is very nice indeed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
It's the OPF editor that I find most useful. Writing OPF files by hand really isn't easy! Obviously you can just copy an older one and edit it, but the way that Mobi Creator splits the contents of the file into separate pages (files, metadata, guide items, etc) is very nice indeed.
Just take the DTD and use an SGML editor like psgml in emacs.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
Rasczak
Rasczak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Link/anchor hyperlinks certainly work just fine in MobiPocket books; it's really just a matter of how good a job the Kindle conversion service does on your book - all I can really suggest is that you try it and see!

If you do have a Windows machine available on which to run MobiPocket creator yourself, that will give you a great deal more flexibility than relying on an automated conversion service.
You're absolutely right.
Rasczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kindle Conversations — The forum run just for Eric.

JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #21
rodin
rodin began at the beginning.

Device: iRex 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
My original question was whether the links to anchors will work so I'll have a fuctional table of contents when Amazon sends the kindle file back.

Thanks for all the replies.
Eric, I've been able to run mobipocket creator under wine without problems. I installed it so: msiexec /i creator.msi. It worked for me with no loss in functionality. Even the reader works and can get all my books, but the ebooks browser screen has some refresh problems. And, of course, there's always virtualbox...

Cheers,
Rodin
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote