Notices

Old 08-11-2022, 02:43 PM   #1
Buddy1951
Buddy1951 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire 10 HD
Limit on number of Calibre Library's

Hi
Retired Electrician in Missouri here
trying to find out how to get around the limit on the number of library's on Calibre E book management
Buddy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

There is no limit on the number of Calibre libraries. What exactly do you mean?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #3
Buddy1951
Buddy1951 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire 10 HD
this is what I did

I made a video of what is happening because it is hard to explain. If you make a new library first I create a folder on my hard drive in my Library folder give it a name like new library. Then go to Calibre and chose the create a new library chose create a empty library in a new location then click the disk symbol and chose the new library I just added . then click ok. It creates a new blank Library into which I can now add books so I do that add several books to the new Library, this is how I made all of the libraries I have everyone of them was created this way.
But if I then save and close or move to another Library and then try to go back the Library that it said was just created is not listed not in the directory any where it can not be found if I search for any of the books I just put in it nothin comes back the Library has NOT been created.
I have 350-400 Libraries whit over 130,000 books but this program will no longer let me add any more it will go through the process but no new libraries are being created I think that is a limit everone keep telling me there are no limits but know one can tell me why this program will not show any new one I make.
Buddy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1951 View Post
I made a video of what is happening because it is hard to explain. If you make a new library first I create a folder on my hard drive in my Library folder give it a name like new library. Then go to Calibre and chose the create a new library chose create a empty library in a new location then click the disk symbol and chose the new library I just added . then click ok. It creates a new blank Library into which I can now add books so I do that add several books to the new Library, this is how I made all of the libraries I have everyone of them was created this way.
But if I then save and close or move to another Library and then try to go back the Library that it said was just created is not listed not in the directory any where it can not be found if I search for any of the books I just put in it nothin comes back the Library has NOT been created.
I have 350-400 Libraries whit over 130,000 books but this program will no longer let me add any more it will go through the process but no new libraries are being created I think that is a limit everone keep telling me there are no limits but know one can tell me why this program will not show any new one I make.
This likely belongs in the calibre forum not the Introduce Yourself forum.

However, I used a batch file to create 500 libraries and added 4 books to each of them. As near as I can tell all the books are in the libraries and when I use Switch/Create library, they are all listed though scrolling through the list of random names is not fun.

Where are you storing these libraries? On local storage or are you using some form of NAS or cloud storage? Are you using a two way sync to cloud storage for a local directory?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote