Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
AlphaKlerik
AlphaKlerik began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Content server not showing MOBI entries

Hello!

First Calibre is one of the best free programs I've used.

I've recently started playing with the content server and it seems pretty cool combined with a reader on my Android tablet. The other ereader devices in the home are Kindles so I have defaulted to MOBI file format for all entries not including PDFs because those dang things still don't convert nicely. Running the latest version of Calibre if an entry has only a MOBI file then it does not show up in the library. All entries containing a PDF or when I convert a MOBI to an EPUB they show up. Funny thing is when I press on Get I get the option to download the MOBI file if I want but can only see the entry after giving it an EPUB file.

Has anyone else ran across this? Is there a setting or fix I need to do? I've looked online for the reader I'm using and can't find this issue anywhere there either or anywhere to ask a question of the makers of Moon+ Reader.

Thanks in advance!
AlphaKlerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IIRC Preferences: Behavior (value) affects the GET button

But usually, there is a line Other Formats (if they exist)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Probably because you have applied a virtual library to the server in Preferences->Sharing over the net
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
AlphaKlerik
AlphaKlerik began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Preferred format is MOBI and I see nothing about Other Formats anywhere.

No Virtual Library is created. Have a single one.

Thank you both.

I'm thinking now of creating a whole new library and sharing that out to see if that works and if so move my collection there. If that doesn't I'm at the point of uninstalling the whole thing, cleaning the system, and doing a clean Calibre install I guess.
AlphaKlerik is offline   Reply With Quote