Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
ECTACO E-Book Reader Burgundy jetBook-Lite 69.99

ECTACO E-Book Reader Burgundy jetBook-Lite 69.99 at newegg.com
At this price I had to get one. lol

Last edited by ltucci1924; 08-07-2010 at 12:48 PM.
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Talking

If I didn't already have 2, I'd be all over that. Come to think of it, I may "need" another spare...
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I'm thinking its time to switch my wife from a Jetbook to a Lite.
Battery life has been getting a bit short on hers lately.

Heck at that price I might have to buy 2.

Edit, at that price I can't afford not to buy 2, so I did.

Last edited by GhostHawk; 08-07-2010 at 11:23 AM.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

PS they had it in white at the same price also, got one of each.
Then it was off to Thomas Distributing for another energizer charger and batterys.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltucci1924 View Post
ECTACO E-Book Reader Burgundy jetBook-Lite 69.99 at newegg.com
At this price I had to get one. lol
Their white Jetbook Lites are also $69.99.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Cool. Different color e-books to match all my outfits.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I just purchased 2 red and 1 white unit for X-mas gifts... $69 with Adobe DRM support sounds like a great deal!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new record!

PS - For history's sake, let the record show that the deal is $69.99 plus $1.99 shipping!

I also see that the case's price has been lowered to $19.99 plus $2.99 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Lite&x=17&y=29

Last edited by GA Russell; 08-07-2010 at 08:35 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Burgundy is already sold out !
White ? Urp.
When I see a recent item whose price on a popular site has been reduced MORE than 50% it makes me wonder...:
Is the manufacturer in serious trouble ?
Is there some reason it will soon be discontinued ?
Maybe an earth-shaking development which makes this thing truly obsolete ?
Some other reason NOT to buy it even though it is outstandingly cheap ?

I am leary because right now I have an Augen TheBook and a dead Jetbook.
Spending the $70 is OK with me - but if it is this cheap NOW - what happens next ?
Could it be that Android MIDs have scared these people into a panic ?

And - there's no more non-Lite Jetbooks at Newegg at all - 100% gone, I wonder why ?

mark

Last edited by smallhagrid; 08-07-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: new info just found...
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #10
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
And - there's no more non-Lite Jetbooks at Newegg at all - 100% gone, I wonder why ?
mark
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723001

The rest of your post is very interesting. Maybe Ectaco or Newegg are lowering prices due to the new Kindles?
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

Couple of possible scenarios.

A Jetbook Mini is coming out in the next 2 -4 weeks in a riot of colors at a lower price.
White and burgandy have been their slowest movers so better to sell them for cost or near cost now than to be unable to sell them later.

B Ectaco has made enough off the lite so they can afford to sell it for closer to cost.
Investment has been paid off, anything they make now is gravy.

C With the new kindle trying to push into the low price spot they decided to spike their guns.

D All of the above.

I'm guessing D myself.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
White is SOLD OUT too.
Bookeen Cybook Opus E-Book Reader and ASTAK for $99.99 is another record.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Interesting indeed - that was not to be found when I searched on 'Jetbook' last night - covers, Lite models, and that was all at that time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723001

The rest of your post is very interesting. Maybe Ectaco or Newegg are lowering prices due to the new Kindles?
Also interesting how the JB models are now $125 vs those other 2 mentioned above AND the Foxit eSlick also for $99.
It may be a newcomer but I would still lean towards a Foxit product after using their great software vs. experiencing Ectaco's rotten support (and having a dead JB right now...).

Best Wishes,

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
Interesting indeed - that was not to be found when I searched on 'Jetbook' last night - covers, Lite models, and that was all at that time...

Also interesting how the JB models are now $125 vs those other 2 mentioned above AND the Foxit eSlick also for $99.
It may be a newcomer but I would still lean towards a Foxit product after using their great software vs. experiencing Ectaco's rotten support (and having a dead JB right now...).

Best Wishes,

mark
You might want to check the "News" forum about the eSlick.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #15
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Alas, it looks like all the cheap ones are gone. I need a new reader too; my current jetbook, after almost two years is starting to fall apart (The plastic is cracking... I lost the number 9 button at the airport on Friday Night).

Oh well, the hunt for a new reader is on.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote