Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Few questions regarding root

Just got down doing the soft root and I have a few questions:

1. using trook, I typed in the rss feed url for the local paper. Is there anyway to save this or do I need to type it each time.

2. I seem to recall when I first finished, there was an icon to make the nook launcher menu the default, as well as one for B&N Home. I seem to have misplaced them Is there away to restore them or find them?

3. I use Calibre on my Mac for reading material such as Time, Newsweek, American Spectator, etc. Is there a way to get these to automatically get sent to my nook without being physically connected.

Thanks
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
Just got down doing the soft root and I have a few questions:

1. using trook, I typed in the rss feed url for the local paper. Is there anyway to save this or do I need to type it each time.

2. I seem to recall when I first finished, there was an icon to make the nook launcher menu the default, as well as one for B&N Home. I seem to have misplaced them Is there away to restore them or find them?

3. I use Calibre on my Mac for reading material such as Time, Newsweek, American Spectator, etc. Is there a way to get these to automatically get sent to my nook without being physically connected.

Thanks
1.) You can set your entries as favorites.
2.) Should be available in "launcher settings".
3.) You can link Trook to your calibre server and access it via WiFi. Doesn't have to be on the same network, can be done remotely.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
1. In trook, where or how do I save the URL's as "favorites

2. Can you explain a little more about Calibre server
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
1. In trook, where or how do I save the URL's as "favorites

2. Can you explain a little more about Calibre server
calibre: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73123
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Press (and keep pressing) on the icon to the top right of the screen (second from right) - a menu shows up that says add to fav. the feed will be saved to Myfeeds section (you may need to restart the app or the nook for the myfeeds to show up for the first time)
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert