Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
Thumbs up I made a case!

I saw on here or maybe it was a blog? that you can buy a journal and take out all the pages so you only have the binding and use it for a case for your kindle. I did that and then added some elastic and for $3 i have a case

Directions:
1) I went to Big Lots and in their school supply section I bought a basic journal (think small journal/diary type) and made it a tad bigger than my kindle. Paid $3+tax

2) I came home and ripped out all the pages.

3)Then where the binding was showing, i took Black electrical tape and covered the binding where it ripped. (the inside is black but binding was white).

4)Then i used basic glue and glued a couple pcs of elastic and done!

Id post pics but we dont have a camera. I can try to scan it in the computer later, but im not sure how well it would show up.
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Home-made cases are fun to do. Hope to see your setup if/when you get a hold of a camera.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Got a new camera tonight and ill take a few pics and upload today

I made another cover too but i dont care for the way it turned out.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Looking forward to seeing it.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I did the same, using a DTB I didn't want anymore. It worked really well, but wore out after a while.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart

PICS!

Here is the back and white one i made from the $3 journal at Big Lots:

I need to fix the inside of the pink one, but heres the outside of it:

Last edited by JsKindle3; 02-11-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: pics wouldnt resize at first
Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, so you're a girl.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
Oh, so you're a girl.
LMFAO! Thats so funny that was your response.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That looks quite good. Great job!

If you get the itch to make more, you could try selling some. I'm sure you may find someone to purchase them on Ebay or Etsy.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
AlexGrama
Writer

I was joking. It looks great. I tried to do one from a book cover but I gave up; after that I logged in to Amazon and bought one. True story.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I was joking. It looks great. I tried to do one from a book cover but I gave up; after that I logged in to Amazon and bought one. True story.
I tried with a book too and it went all wrong. A journal/notebook is so much easier to do.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
AlexGrama
Writer

Next time will do. For now, my 10 bucks covers works fine.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That's a damned good looking cover, congratulations!
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Lovely!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote