Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Horn, Alfred Aloysius: Trader Horn, Being the Life and Works of Alfred Aloysius Horn.

Trader Horn spent a wild youth as an ivory trader in Central Africa. In this true story of his life, thrills and danger abound.

He writes about his journeys into jungles teaming with buffalo, gorillas, man-eating leopards, serpents and savages. Along the way, he frees slaves, meets Cecil Rhodes (founder of Rhodesia) and liberates a princess from captivity.

I found this book by accident while researching the "Mokèlé-mbèmbé"--a large creature reported to live in the lakes and swamps of the Congo River basin. Some think it's a kind of dinosaur, seemingly akin to the brontosaur. Hey! I didn't say I believed it, just that I was researching it..

This book isn't about this creature, but it does have a brief passage of Horn describing tales told to him by natives and explorers about a fearsome creature given two different names: "jago-nini" and "amali." The creature is said to be very large (can easily kill a hippo), have a long neck and it leaves large, round, three-clawed footprints.

I haven't read the book yet--just that part and a few other passages. From what I have read so far, this Trader Horn dude was a wild character. I thought it would be an interesting book to add to our library.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Horn, Alfred Aloysius_Trader Horn.lrf.zip (367.1 KB, 780 views)
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you please also post your books in PRC and IMP formats for people who do not have a SOny Reader of some kind? Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert