Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
sespr
Enthusiast
sespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle Paper White
Can't install version 0.8.55

Windows 7 64 bit. Current version of Calibre 0.8.42. Downloaded Windows version of the program and size is 29.8 mb.

When I open the program and click Run I get the following message.

"The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Have downloaded the file twice and had no luck.
sespr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sespr View Post
Windows 7 64 bit. Current version of Calibre 0.8.42. Downloaded Windows version of the program and size is 29.8 mb.

When I open the program and click Run I get the following message.

"The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Have downloaded the file twice and had no luck.
I don't know what you got But the official MSI installer is 47.5MB
per the Official alternate site http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/0.8.55/
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My suggestion would be to disable any download helper/accelerator programs that you may have running before trying to download again. In my experience, download helper/accelerator programs neither help, nor accelerate anything—quite the opposite in fact.

Not saying that's "for sure" your issue... just throwing it out there.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
sespr
Enthusiast
sespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle Paper White
I have attempted download now 4 times. It appears to have downloaded successfully but the file sizes have varied from 3.7mb to 29.8 mb. Obviously, despite indicating a successful download it is stopping too soon. Will investigate further.

I don't use accelerator programs and this is the first time this has happened. I currently have slow downloads due to my location and I suspect that is the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.
sespr is offline   Reply With Quote