Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #61
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try /dev/urandom
For turkish, /dev/ürandom is more appropriate

Seriously, I don't know. The available packages have probably been extracted from some car navigation systems etc. (see the very first posts for links). In any case, they can't be created from thin air...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #62
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Macho voices egos

Thanks ixtab;
As far I understand the script take the “Kindle 3 voicepacks” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/8HHrZe8) and change the file structure / names to KT, in other words as are in “Kindle Touch localization stuff” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/9XeUvcC), so there must not be any difference in take K3 voce pack plus the script or the KT already…

Maybe the problem is the Diego’s Latino “ego” that refuses to be a female voice, but with Tom happen the same…. Or more seriously there are something in the TTS machine that make male voices are different to the female, on my K3w I never could build a pack Tom-Diego.

And also, a little big problem I am not Linux user, and do not know how to run the script…
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
Thanks ixtab;
As far I understand the script take the “Kindle 3 voicepacks” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/8HHrZe8) and change the file structure / names to KT, in other words as are in “Kindle Touch localization stuff” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/9XeUvcC), so there must not be any difference in take K3 voce pack plus the script or the KT already…

Maybe the problem is the Diego’s Latino “ego” that refuses to be a female voice, but with Tom happen the same…. Or more seriously there are something in the TTS machine that make male voices are different to the female, on my K3w I never could build a pack Tom-Diego.

And also, a little big problem I am not Linux user, and do not know how to run the script…
I just tried it, and the result sounds reasonable. (well, as reasonable as a spanish voice can sound while reading a german book). So there is no problem with assigning Diego to be a female (even if it may hurt those inherent macho feelings ).

BTW, you don't need Linux to run the script. It's a Perl script, and it was written specifically so that it can also be run on Windows. But yes, you have to have Perl installed, and you do have to use the command line. Then again, you're in the developers forum here, so you should not be afraid of such procedures...

Anyway, I'm attaching the file that I used for trying this. (Note: this file will probably be removed again in the near future. All the required links to produce it are available from the last 2 posts...)
Update: file removed.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #64
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, thank a lot ixtab,

Poor Diego, he never thought to have a so ruthless… intervention…. The package work great.

For record, you are right about developers…. I guess you need guineas pigs….. Also, for record; does the script do more than file name/structure to the original K3 packs?
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #65
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
Thanks, thank a lot ixtab,

Poor Diego, he never thought to have a so ruthless… intervention…. The package work great.

For record, you are right about developers…. I guess you need guineas pigs….. Also, for record; does the script do more than file name/structure to the original K3 packs?
You're welcome...

And, for the record: the script does nothing but rename the files (and organize them into the appropriate subfolders).
Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #66
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Aren't there ttsd voicepacks on the net? Is there a need to convert them to kindle touch fortmat? If yes then how to?l
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #67
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab (if you want to) could you attach more English voice packs or give me a rename and convert script for voicepacks found on the net?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #68
ixtab
(offline)

I'm not a wizard. I can't just produce voice packs out of thin air.

I already told you in the other thread that all of the voice packs are proprietary software, and that it is impossible for any normal person to create new ones. All voice packs that are currently known to exist are linked from here. For the english language, that means 4 voices: a male and a female one, for both american and british english. That's still 4 voices, instead of 0, which is the number for many other people whose native language isn't english.

You're going to have to live with the current state.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #69
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Oh no, I was saying in the kindle 3 tts got modded thread there were four normal english ones. I couldn't find the link to them so I couldn't download them, I was just asking (if you wish to) you to download them and convert them to kindle touch format. Sorry for my stupid requests.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #70
ixtab
(offline)

Hmmm... still not sure if I understood you correctly. There are two American English voices (Tom, Samantha), and two British English voices (Daniel, Serena). I'm not aware of any others.

Anyway, here's the link for all the TTS packs: http://ge.tt/9XeUvcC

Make sure that you have a backup of your tts folder before experimenting with them.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #71
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

There is a thread called kindle 3 tts got modded, scroll down and see the voices it supports, it supports two more english voices. I couldn't find the link for download, so I am requesting you to download, convert, and upload them, that's all.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #72
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
There is a thread called kindle 3 tts got modded, scroll down and see the voices it supports, it supports two more english voices. I couldn't find the link for download, so I am requesting you to download, convert, and upload them, that's all.
Sorry, but I'm getting angry now. I'm not here to "download, convert, and upload" things. I clearly told you what the current state concerning TTS voices is.

If you think that you have new information, then please provide concise links, and describe the exact problem that you are facing. "a thread called kindle 3 tts got modded, scroll down and see the voices it supports" is neither of that.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #73
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Sorry, will find out myself.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #74
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Sorry, will find out myself.
... and if you do find it out, make sure to post your results here, so that other people can benefit as well!

On a side note: my last post may have been a little harsh. I didn't mean to discourage you, so if you felt offended, I apologize. I just wanted to point out that the more concise your question is (giving as much detail as you can), the higher the likeliness of getting useful answers will be.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #75
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Good advice.
The better the question, the better the chance for a useful answer.

Another bit of free advice, applies to any/all volunteer staffed forums:
People who volunteer their time and effort enjoy share the results.
They do not like being given "job assignments", like: "port this for me".

Give what you want to ask for a bit of thought. You can always turn it into a trade of your time for their time, such as:

I really like the way your "churn butter" application is reported to work.
If you will consider doing the same for my model machine, I can offer my time in testing it and giving you feedback.

May not always work, but is much more likely to work than a "port this for me" post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote