Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #196
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
Much of the usefulness of web2book is that it turns partial feeds into full feeds. Just try use the subscribe feature (on the file menu). My server might be a bit slow as it is doing a on-line backup but be patient and you should get a list.
cool, can't wait to try your software!!!

question, I have read this whole thread, and I can't seem to determine if your software come with a bunch of RSS URLs built in as default..?

Thanks,
F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #197
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried web2lrf which is part of the libprs500 package?

See the thread over at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12149
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:24 AM   #198
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Much of the usefulness of web2book is that it turns partial feeds into full feeds. Just try use the subscribe feature (on the file menu). My server might be a bit slow as it is doing a on-line backup but be patient and you should get a list.
Got the app and all the components working great.. I downloaded someone's full.xml file from this thread and have a bunch of feeds i can start with..

I tried the subscribe feature on the app, but the app just sits-there and nothing seems to happen.. is this normal?

Thanks,
Fabian.

Last edited by flamaest; 07-31-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #200
flamaest
Groupie

Here are my sources, those enabled, which seem to work the best for me. I started from the original poster which shared his XML sources, and grew it from there.

attached.
Attached Files
File Type: xml BACKUP of sources.xml (34.7 KB, 1432 views)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #201
frank10
frank10 began at the beginning.

Device: psp-500
I'm trying to process this rss feed and it's only picking up the headlines

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/atom.xml
frank10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #202
flamaest
Groupie

I have this same problem with several of my listed feeds above, I guess I'll have to wait for the web2book experts..

F.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #203
guardianx
guardianx began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
I cant get the program to work it keep crazying left and right.
it crash when i goto sucribe.
it crashes when i click go..

help?
i use winxp service 2 pack
guardianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #204
glitchu1
glitchu1 began at the beginning.

Problems :S

I downloaded the .net 2 framework thing but i can't get it to work...i subscribed to a couple from the list, and when i hit 'test' it brings up the little box and then says '0 articles'

do you know what im doing wrong?
glitchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #205
flamaest
Groupie

the feedbooks.com sync program looks very interesting.. this might be more of what i am looking for..

F.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #206
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianx View Post
I cant get the program to work it keep crazying left and right.
it crash when i goto sucribe.
it crashes when i click go..

help?
i use winxp service 2 pack
Can you be more specific? What are the crashes?
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #207
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
Got the app and all the components working great.. I downloaded someone's full.xml file from this thread and have a bunch of feeds i can start with..

I tried the subscribe feature on the app, but the app just sits-there and nothing seems to happen.. is this normal?

Thanks,
Fabian.
Sorry, while I was on vacation last week I tried using Mozy to do an online backup of my system which chewed up all my bandwidth. Should work better now (I gave up on Mozy in the end; it killed my bandwidth and was still so slow that I'd rather just buy more hard drives).
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #208
dietric
dietric began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
McAffee Virus scan reports trojan

I dont want to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but McAffee VirusScan reports that the temporary files created thru the RSS conversion process are infected with the Exploit-ObscureHtml trojan. Tis might well be VirusScan being overzealous aobut the HTML content, but yo should know nevertheless (since it also prevents the program from working correctly).
dietric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #209
guardianx
guardianx began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Quote:
I've been thinking about what the best approach is for collecting them. There are various options:

- I could collect them and put them on my website
- I could keep adding them as attachments in the initial post; that may become unwieldy
- I could keep adding them to a single big Xml file that is kept with the initial post
- we could use the wiki
- we could just keep them on a thread

The main drawbacks to the last approach seem to be the haphazard organization that would result. Right now it seems like the wiki might be the best approach, and I can roll up the submissions on occasion into a single file and attach that to the first post.

So I've started a page at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Xml_feed_files
What do i do with this info? sorry i'm new.
guardianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #210
toomanybarts
toomanybarts began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Is anyone else getting this program to actually sync with their Sony Reader?
I have clicked on the boxes to allow the sync to the reader, the log shows that final content has been received, but nothing appears on the reader at all?
toomanybarts is offline   Reply With Quote