Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Books about the Internet and www

I'd like to read an intelligent, interesting book about the invention of the www: also a book which would explain what it is. I have to add I'm not a scientist - but I've watched the thing grow over the last 30 years and I'm now dependent on it, like everyone else. It would be good to understand it better.

I know there's a work by Tim Berners-Lee: Weaving the Web.

Has anyone else read it?

All advice would be helpful.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I read Weaving the Web quite a long time ago, and although I don't have any specific memories about it, I vaguely recall it being good. It is written for a non-technical audience, and the style is easy to follow. If you really want to know how the web came about, I don't think you can avoid reading this book. Fortunately, there is no reason to avoid it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote