Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Question [Solved] Doubt about shortcut definition

Hi,

I have a doubt about a shortcut definition, that I don't know if it's a bug or not. I've got a Spanish keyboard, where quotes are over the 2, so, if I define as shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + 2, the result should be Ctrl + ". The resulting shortcut, however, is Ctrl + ^ (International keyboard). Is it right? It wouldn't be a problem if ^ wouldn't require a space to appear in the Spanish keyboard, so I cannot use the shortcut.

I've chosen another shortcut, but I would like to know if this is right.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there's no way to define shortcuts independently of shift, since different keyboards have different shifted keys. You can only use the keyboard preferences in calibre to press the actual keys ont he your keyboard and see what the shortcut comes out as.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 06:04 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
there's no way to define shortcuts independently of shift, since different keyboards have different shifted keys. You can only use the keyboard preferences in calibre to press the actual keys ont he your keyboard and see what the shortcut comes out as.
That's what I do. I press Ctrl+Shift+2(Ctrl + ") and calibre stores Ctrl + ^.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
That's what I do. I press Ctrl+Shift+2(Ctrl + ") and calibre stores Ctrl + ^.
and it doesnt work subsequently?? in what context?
Old 01-10-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No, it doesn't work. When I press again Ctrl + Shift + 2 to execute the shorcut, it's not recognized. It's like it was analyzing the input according to the current keyboard definition but storing it with another on.
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I think the problem is due to the resulting shortcut Ctrl+". As I've seen that the shortcuts are saved as plain text between ", I don't think calibre likes a lot "Ctrl+"".
Old 01-10-2021, 09:38 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What context is this in? The main calibre program, the viewer, somewhere else?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:44 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What context is this in? The main calibre program, the viewer, somewhere else?
The main calibre program.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I tried pressing ctrl+shift+' which gave me the shortcut ctrl+". This worked fine, and was correctly save in main.json as

"ctrl+\""
Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Then, I don't know which the problem is, because Ctrl + Shift + 2 doesn't work for me in the library when I'm adding it to a plugin action.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@TdeM - did you try using the same shortcut sequence (Ctrl+Shift+2) in another program's shortcuts.

I had a problem with Shift+D in calibre, but then I discovered I had also had problem with it in other programs. So instead of using Shift+D to open DOCX files I use Shift+W.

Interestingly the issue went away of its own accord, but I don't know exactly when. My guess is that a 3rd party start-up applet was grabbing Shift+D, and the blunder was rectified in a subsequent update.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #12
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Interestingly the issue went away of its own accord, but I don't know exactly when. My guess is that a 3rd party start-up applet was grabbing Shift+D, and the blunder was rectified in a subsequent update.
There used to be a program (Hotkey Explorer) that could activate all possible keyboard combos, intercept the results, and then tell you what program was stealing a hotkey. It doesn't work on Windows 10 though. Or rather, the interception part doesn't work, leaving me in a similar situation to the OP of this post.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-10-2021 at 05:31 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@TdeM - did you try using the same shortcut sequence (Ctrl+Shift+2) in another program's shortcuts.
I've edited manually main.json inside shortcuts (according to the previous Kovid's comment) and it works, so I think it's some problem when it's written. Not the cleanest way to send away the issue but it works for me
Old 01-10-2021, 06:00 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Then I'll marked the thread as solved

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:21 AM   #15
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, thank you.