Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #796
bettonnotteb
bettonnotteb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Next I upgraded my mark 5 Aura H2O to 4.24.15676. I had to use KBStartMenu_09_restore.zip once more. KSM, koreader, plato, and vlasovsoftlauncher seem fine. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases doesn't show 4.24.15676 yet.
bettonnotteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #797
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettonnotteb View Post
Next I upgraded my mark 5 Aura H2O to 4.24.15676. I had to use KBStartMenu_09_restore.zip once more. KSM, koreader, plato, and vlasovsoftlauncher seem fine. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases doesn't show 4.24.15676 yet.
Try checking Patrick Gaskin's Kobo Firmware Downloads page. The wiki page is updated at random intervals.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #798
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
But there's a chance it may not work and you may then have to factory reset. Do you want to take that risk or would you rather use KFMon and NickelMenu?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #799
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I had to use KBStartMenu_09_restore.zip once more.
Upgrade by selecting "install controlled" instead of "install uncontrolled."
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #800
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
If you need help with KSM, please describe your problem in this thread.

I visit this forum still once in a while and check also this thread. But I almost never log in and therefore don't see private messages.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2020, 05:36 AM   #801
bettonnotteb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Try checking Patrick Gaskin's Kobo Firmware Downloads page.
Thanks! I'm bookmarking this.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:38 AM   #802
bettonnotteb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But there's a chance it may not work and you may then have to factory reset. Do you want to take that risk or would you rather use KFMon and NickelMenu?
I'm willing to take the risk. I still like KSM more than KFMon and NickelMenu. A factory reset only happened once. No big deal.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #803
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm willing to take the risk. I still like KSM more than KFMon and NickelMenu. A factory reset only happened once. No big deal.
To me, a factory reset is a big deal.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #804
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
To me, a factory reset is a big deal.
After the first 20 or so, they become a ho-hum matter. Using calibre and a few plugins (Reading List, etc.) and proper backups makes restoring after the factory reset much faster and less painful.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #805
eddierm
eddierm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Unhappy KSM9 Stopped working today on my Kobo Libra!

I have to say I really love KSM. I have installed it on 3 kobos i had anfd never dissapointed me!

Today I updated my kobo libra's firmware to version 4.25.15875 (09/nov/2020) using KSM9 and after this my kobo could not load KSM anymore, only nickel.

I tried a fresh full reinstall and did not worked for me, so after some hours I have decided to opt out to use KSM anymore

Finally I got lucky using the "new" semi-automated installation method created by NiLuJe and Koreader is running again into Nickel...

¿Is KSM dead? Long Live KSM!
eddierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #806
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddierm View Post
I have to say I really love KSM. I have installed it on 3 kobos i had anfd never dissapointed me!

Today I updated my kobo libra's firmware to version 4.25.15875 (09/nov/2020) using KSM9 and after this my kobo could not load KSM anymore, only nickel.

I tried a fresh full reinstall and did not worked for me, so after some hours I have decided to opt out to use KSM anymore

Finally I got lucky using the "new" semi-automated installation method created by NiLuJe and Koreader is running again into Nickel...

Thank you for the proof that KSM is now officially dead.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #807
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KSM is still quite alive for those who don't want or need whatever "features" the most recent Kobo firmware provides.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #808
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddierm View Post

I thought I'd seen a post by geek1011 regarding a change in Kobo's startup scripts in the newest release. Possibly it might have interfered with ksm's installation
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:15 AM   #809
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Thank you for the proof that KSM is now officially dead.
It works for us that use it. At least it still works for me on my two (2) devices. Pretty lively for a "dead".

Really, what's your problem? You don't use KSM? Nice. We do (at least some of us).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #810
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
It works for us that use it. At least it still works for me on my two (2) devices. Pretty lively for a "dead".

Really, what's your problem? You don't use KSM? Nice. We do (at least some of us).
Your using it with old firmware. But for those who novices and don't really know what they are doing this can really mess them up. Why not just concede and tell others to NickelMenu and KFMon which does work?