Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
pwntunes turns idevice into usb stick

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-pwntunes.html

looks like some jailbreakers came up with software that will allow you to drag and drop music, photos and video into your ipad/ipod touch/iphone. in addition you can use it for transporting files like a usb stick.

$12.99 for the application, and you must be jailbroken to use it. obviously not apple condoned and not guaranteed to work with 4.x.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
I think I'm missing something here... what's so special about this program? Can't you already use jailbroken idevices as a usb stick using free programs like ifunbox? The only difference I see with pwntunes is that you can send over music without iTunes renaming the file, but who cares about that. I rather have my music nicely organized and easy to sync in iTunes.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
you can, if you want to use a program like ifunbox. with this program loaded up on your iphone itself you need no program on the PC. you can also drag and drop music into and out of your iphone without itunes, a feature other people find useful.

so in theory, you could visit a friend, he likes a song on your iphone, you just plug it in (assuming he has a cable) and copy the song off. no ifunbox needed. no itunes needed (which wouldn't copy off anyway).
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote