Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #211
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, it really helps. The styling system I'm implementing will allow toggling for properties on an individual level, which I believe will help to remedy this problem.
I look forward to trying your new toggling system.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #212
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
I'm not sure when ePub software started offering such options. I've seen many ePubs with various margins for different paragraph styles, for example, a normal indent, no indent, and a larger one for citations. I'm not sure if it's possible or wise to offer formatting options besides font, line-height and page margins without messing something up.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
I'm not sure when ePub software started offering such options. I've seen many ePubs with various margins for different paragraph styles, for example, a normal indent, no indent, and a larger one for citations. I'm not sure if it's possible or wise to offer formatting options besides font, line-height and page margins without messing something up.
You can offer options to do other modifications, but you also need to be able to turn them off and go with what the CSS says.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #214
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Of course it's possible (Moon Reader does it on Android), and it would be nice if Hyphen offered it, too. Democrite is one of those folks whose passion it is to suggest that e-reader software offer as few features as possible. But that's not what Hyphen should be. For dumb, featureless e-readers, users can always turn to iBooks or Kindle. I expect Hyphen to offer every customisability possible, if it's to become the number 1 e-reader software (in terms of smartness) on iOS.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #215
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
What about ligatures??
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #216
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
I need some help please, I just started using Hyphen on my iPad Pro. When I tried to add books by clicking on Add Books>More>Calibre Companion; the error message comes up ""Failed to launch Calibre Companion" The document picker "Calibre Companion" failed to launch (4099)". This is also happening on my iPhone 6S Plus.

I am posting this in both Calibre Companion and Apple Devices for Hyphen.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #217
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: iPhone [Hyphen Reader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdanzie View Post
I need some help please, I just started using Hyphen on my iPad Pro. When I tried to add books by clicking on Add Books>More>Calibre Companion; the error message comes up ""Failed to launch Calibre Companion" The document picker "Calibre Companion" failed to launch (4099)". This is also happening on my iPhone 6S Plus.
Glad to see you got my email reply.

Can anyone else that uses Calibre Companion confirm this issue?
hyphenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #218
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Glad to see you got my email reply.
Yes I did, thank you
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #219
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Im test driving Hyphen and it looks pretty nice, but I can not get it to connect to calibre to save my life. I have the server running and calibre companion on my android device sees it, and marvin sees it, but I cant get hyphen to see it.

edit: it took me a while to figure out to put /opds on the end of the url.

Last edited by volwrath; 02-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #220
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Im test driving Hyphen and it looks pretty nice, but I can not get it to connect to calibre to save my life. I have the server running and calibre companion on my android device sees it, and marvin sees it, but I cant get hyphen to see it.

edit: it took me a while to figure out to put /opds on the end of the url.
Never mind, got it myself/
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #221
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Never mind, got it myself/
Sorry. I guess you asked me a question on how to get it to work
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #222
enaid1
enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone
I started using Hyphen and I like how many controls it has per book...is there any way to change the font (preferably, the size) of the names of books on the Shelf? I prefer to look at the books as a list, but the titles are so hard to read.
enaid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #223
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: iPhone [Hyphen Reader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid1 View Post
I started using Hyphen and I like how many controls it has per book...is there any way to change the font (preferably, the size) of the names of books on the Shelf? I prefer to look at the books as a list, but the titles are so hard to read.
No, there currently isn't any way to change the font size in that part of the app. There should be though - improving that aspect is one of my goals for Hyphen 2. Are you using Hyphen on an iPad or iPhone?
hyphenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #224
enaid1
enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
No, there currently isn't any way to change the font size in that part of the app. There should be though - improving that aspect is one of my goals for Hyphen 2. Are you using Hyphen on an iPad or iPhone?
On both, actually.
enaid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:41 AM   #225
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Hi, thank you for this great ebook reader, bought it a couple of days ago and i'm enjoying it a lot but is there a way to sort authors by author sort tag from calibre? last name, first name?
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub, hyphen, ibooks, ios