Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #226
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Everything is working great.
Personally I really like where the new menu is.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #227
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Err, that doesn't make any sense at all. It should be checking the config for changes every time the menu is opened.

Are you sure it was with the nickel_browser line?
Doesn't make sense to me either, I doubt I can repeat the non-loading.
And I just retested and couldn't repeat any of it, so I'm just going to chalk it up to flakiness that might be hardware related, and maybe the reboot fixed a memory glitch. Sigh. I might have to commit to a new Forma or something.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #228
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Question

Hi guys,
I just updated to latest 4.23.... and nickelmenu to 0.3.2.
Now one my entries brings the following error:
"could not find a : in the argument ( check failed: arg2)"
the lines in my config, which causing this, are:

menu_item :reader :Invert screen :nickel_setting :invert
menu_item :main :Invert screen :nickel_setting :invert

It worked with 4.21 firmware before, do I have to change something for the new fw?

Last edited by the_Pan; 08-13-2020 at 10:50 AM.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:00 AM   #229
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
Hi guys,
I just updated to latest 4.23.... and nickelmenu to 0.3.2.
Now one my entries brings the following error:
"could not find a : in the argument ( check failed: arg2)"
the lines in my config, which causing this, are:

menu_item :reader :Invert screen :nickel_setting :invert
menu_item :main :Invert screen :nickel_setting :invert

It worked with 4.21 firmware before, do I have to change something for the new fw?
You appear to have been previously running an older version of NM. A few versions ago, I changed nickel_setting's syntax to make it more flexible. You'll need to use `:toggle :invert` instead of just `:invert`.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #230
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You appear to have been previously running an older version of NM. A few versions ago, I changed nickel_setting's syntax to make it more flexible. You'll need to use `:toggle :invert` instead of just `:invert`.
Yes that's it, it's working now!
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #231
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for your hard work! After the recent upgrades everything is working like a charm!
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #232
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you! I hadn't tested it and I like for accessing the different sections of "My books"
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #233
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I have come across an issue with the experimental browser in Kobo Firmware 4.23.15505 and NickelMenu on my Clara HD.

I have a NickelMenu link to directly open the browser at my server page. However, in 4.23 this presents me with a UI which has no way of returning to the Kobo's Home page - the top left of the UI has the new clock showing.

If I open the browser through the traditional Kobo route, the experimental browser UI has no clock in the top left but the usual back button instead and an exit cross in the top right.

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting the different, no exit UI?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #234
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I have come across an issue with the experimental browser in Kobo Firmware 4.23.15505 and NickelMenu on my Clara HD.

I have a NickelMenu link to directly open the browser at my server page. However, in 4.23 this presents me with a UI which has no way of returning to the Kobo's Home page - the top left of the UI has the new clock showing.

If I open the browser through the traditional Kobo route, the experimental browser UI has no clock in the top left but the usual back button instead and an exit cross in the top right.

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting the different, no exit UI?
Change your NM config for the browser to
Code:
nickel_browser : modal
to make it pop-up with a x to close.

Either that or you need to create a 'Close' menu item in the 'browser' menu that has an action like
Code:
nickel_misc : home
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #235
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Is it possible to install this to my kobo aura one via wifi (telnet?). My usb port does not connect to PCs.
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:04 PM   #236
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
managed to get it installed via ftp
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:59 AM   #237
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Change your NM config for the browser to
Code:
nickel_browser : modal
to make it pop-up with a x to close.

Either that or you need to create a 'Close' menu item in the 'browser' menu that has an action like
Code:
nickel_misc : home
Thanks. I will make the change.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:56 AM   #238
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
My biggest gripe is that in my Forma it constantly changes to upside down portrait when it goes to sleep mode. I then wake it up and have to turn it the way around i want and it re-corrects. I only want it to be portrait with the buttons on the right - nothing else.

Is it possible using any of the alignment changes to made it lock into this?
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:37 AM   #239
babygau
Enthusiast
babygau began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h20
@geek1101, is it possible to have google translate for kobo? for example, highlight a paragraph will pop up google translate menu, click on that menu will open browser whose address is google translate website with highlighted content. or you could come up with other implementation.
babygau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #240
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
My biggest gripe is that in my Forma it constantly changes to upside down portrait when it goes to sleep mode. I then wake it up and have to turn it the way around i want and it re-corrects. I only want it to be portrait with the buttons on the right - nothing else.

Is it possible using any of the alignment changes to made it lock into this?
Since this is the NickelMenu forum and not the Forma forum, I'll suggest the NickelMenu solution. This is untested, but if you install this mod and create a file .adds/nm/rotation containing your favorite of the following lines, it might do what you want:

menu_item:reader: Portrait :nickel_orientationortrait
menu_item:main: Portrait :nickel_orientationortrait
menu_item:browser: Portrait :nickel_orientationortrait

menu_item:reader: Portrait :nickel_orientation:inverted_portrait
menu_item:main: Portrait :nickel_orientation:inverted_portrait
menu_item:browser: Portrait :nickel_orientation:inverted_portrait

Somewhat obviously, you could put landscape there instead.
When you select one of these, it will override the icon and sensor orientation until you re-select it on the icon or reboot.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel