Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
On barebone Ubuntu Bionic I get some Warnings from Exceptions

On a barebone Ubuntu Bionic (where I cannot easily install more stuff) I get some warnings from exceptions.

(1) First warning is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/notify.py", line 159, in get_notifier
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/notify.py", line 89, in get_dbus_notifier
File "site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 211, in __new__
File "site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 100, in __new__
File "site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 122, in __new__
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead

What to do about it? Does it make sense to set DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS to some value?

(2) The other warning occurs on book deletion:

File "site-packages/calibre/utils/recycle_bin.py", line 144, in delete_tree
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/recycle_bin.py", line 102, in fdo_recycle
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/linux_trash.py", line 176, in send2trash
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/linux_trash.py", line 92, in trash_move
OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link

What trash links does calibre expect here? (Maybe I can set them up manually.) Or is there a way t tell calibre to hard delete the books?

Thanks for any pointers!
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) means notifications wont work

2) means you need to create a top level .Trash directory on the drive with the calibre library. Or set XDG_DATA_HOME to point to the correct location. See the freedesktop trash spec

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-21-2020 at 12:10 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:48 AM   #3
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Regarding the trash: What happens to the deleted files if I don't provide a Trash directory?
Old 04-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont recall, I think it stays in the folder that contains your calibre library
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:56 AM   #5
halloleo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
2) means you need to create a top level .Trash directory on the drive with the calibre library. Or set XDG_DATA_HOME to point to the correct location. See the freedesktop trash spec
I cannot create /.Trash because the drive is mounted in `/mnt/` and setting XDG_DATA_HOME doesn't seem to do the trick (I think there are no xdg tools on the system). I still get

File "site-packages/calibre/utils/recycle_bin.py", line 144, in delete_tree
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/recycle_bin.py", line 102, in fdo_recycle
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/linux_trash.py", line 176, in send2trash
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/linux_trash.py", line 92, in trash_move
OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link

But I'm not too worried about it. :-)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #6
halloleo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont recall, I think it stays in the folder that contains your calibre library
Well, not from my experience: In my environment the files seem to get hard deleted if a trash cannot be used.

Tags
calibre, linux, linux ubuntu