Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
martyndwheeler
martyndwheeler began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Application error when opening pdf on PW1

Hi,

I have just jailbroken my PW (5th gen kindle) and installed (after putting latest 5.6.1.1 fw back on device):

KUAL
MR package installer
KPV Booklet
KOREADER

I have put some pdf files into the documents folder but when I select them it says:
"Application Error, The selected application could not be started, Please try again."

I can open the file if i go through KUAL but I thought that they would open from the front page.

This is my first time hacking a kindle so amny advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Martyn

Last edited by martyndwheeler; 01-26-2021 at 12:56 PM.
martyndwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
If you open a PDF from the front page the amazon kindle native PDF reader is used. There is no way around this. You have to start koreader to use it to open a book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #3
martyndwheeler

Thanks for the response. I guess that I didn't fully understand the details on the installation instructions on the koreader website (https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices)

"via KPV Booklet
Just open any book from the native system, all files except for mobi and txt will be opened with KOReader.

NOTE: On some recent FW versions, KPVBooklet may be non-functional. You may also need a tweaked version of KUAL. Again, check MobileRead's Kindle Dev forum.

NOTE: KPVBooklet may have some issues that don't happen with KUAL: Screensaver issues, White screen occasionally while reading epub files, White screen after waking up."
Old 01-26-2021, 03:18 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
My mistake, KPV Booklet is before my time, and I hardly ever use koreader or open PDF.

Someone else will need to help you.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:36 AM   #5
martyndwheeler

Thanks