Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2022, 02:50 AM   #61
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Thanks for the reports, I'll have to investigate this when I get time.
I think it may not have been working as I expected because I did not know about the device going into standby (thread).
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:59 AM   #62
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Is it possible to have NickelDBus start the Kobo sync and also send a signal back to say it has completed the sync, successfully or otherwise?

Last edited by Rid; 11-25-2022 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:58 AM   #63
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Is it possible to have NickelDBus start the Kobo sync and also send a signal back to say it has completed the sync, successfully or otherwise?
Are you talking about syncing to the Kobo severs? It might be possible, but it is not something I've looked into, so can't say for sure.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:40 AM   #64
Rid
Groupie

Yes I believe it is to the Kobo servers.

New books I buy from Kobo, bookmarks etc. I am one of those people that every month the sync stops working and it can drain the battery from 90% to 10% in 30min. I usually have to delete the larger collections to get it working again.

Made a script that turns off the wifi after a certain amount of time, and would like to streamline the process and include starting the sync, as it takes a several more steps to start the sync while reading a book.

Even if it not possible that would be great to know so I can get this monkey off my back!
Old 12-02-2022, 08:25 PM   #65
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
I am one of those people that every month the sync stops working and it can drain the battery from 90% to 10% in 30min. I usually have to delete the larger collections to get it working again.
I have the same problem. I think this is caused by database corruption in the encrypted database.

Another way to fix it is to use calibre to back up the database daily, and when sync stops working, unpack the backup calibre made from the day of (or day before) the last successful sync, and replace the KoboReader.sqlite and BookReader.sqlite on the device and reboot it and let it re-import the books you've added since, and then use calibre to update the bookmarks for books you've read since.

This has worked a few times for me now, and is a lot better than doing a factory reset or deleting lots of stuff and putting it back.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:02 AM   #66
Rid
Groupie

Thanks I did not think about the database backup!

Edit: I do use Calibre always wondered if that could be an issue?

Last edited by Rid; 12-04-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Tags
kobo, ldpreload, nickel