Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #121
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I found where they store searched strings: under `Kobo eReader.conf`. I could be conceited, but I found it a very stupid place to use as searched terms storage, when you have a database and you record any single dictionary activity...

Anyway it's strange that new rows with EventType=9 are created, since they have all ContentID = NULL and the primary key should block this.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
I found where they store searched strings: under `Kobo eReader.conf`. I could be conceited, but I found it a very stupid place to use as searched terms storage, when you have a database and you record any single dictionary activity...
Those are terms used for library searches. If you look in the database at the table content_settings, the "RecentBookSearches" column stores searches done within a book. This is searching for occurrences of a word in the book, not the dictionary.
Quote:
Anyway it's strange that new rows with EventType=9 are created, since they have all ContentID = NULL and the primary key should block this.
A quick search tells me that SQLite allows nullable columns to be used in the primary key. It is a known bug that they would cause problems to fix. And once you allow nulls in the PK, allowing multiple entries in the index with NULL is the correct behaviour.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-04-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: grammar
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #123
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Those are terms used for library searches. If you look in the database at the table content_settings, the "RecentBookSearches" column stores searches done within a book. This is searching for occurrences of a word in the book, not the dictionary.
Aaaah, thank you. Unfortunately I squandered my pocket karma

Quote:
A quick search tells me that SQLite allows nullable columns to be used in the primary key.
Oh my god... not only it is non-standard SQL, but it's also counterintuitive.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 06-05-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #124
tehmul
tehmul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
2.5.x boot issues with microsd

Kobo Touch 2.5.2 takes a really long time to boot with epubs on the microSD card.

If I boot without the microSD, it looks like it's stuck. After a good long wait (~30mins), the covers show up - along with a good drop in battery %.
It boots up real quick if you booting without the microsd card. And no, there isn't anything wrong with the microsd card either, it works just fine on my wife's Kobo with 2.4 firmware.

Reverting to 2.4 seems to be the only solution. More in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214455
tehmul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #125
TBIT
TBIT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Kobo Touch 2.5.2 suddenly no covers?

Updated to 2.5.2 last night and suddenly the book covers from epubs are gone, when the ereader is sleeping. Anyone else?
TBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBIT View Post
Updated to 2.5.2 last night and suddenly the book covers from epubs are gone, when the ereader is sleeping. Anyone else?
If the books are on the SD card, it is a known bug.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #127
glezmen
glezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
If the books are on the SD card, it is a known bug.
and it can be workarounded by enabling the 'send covers' option in Calibre's Kobo plugin
glezmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #128
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Mmmhhh a bunch of SD-related problems, I'll file them when I have a bit of time.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #129
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
I have a Kobo Aura HD with firmware 2.5.2.

I cannot read RTF books, it comes up having a single empty page (or sometimes some title page), and cannot read it at all, displays a white screen, page change mode says page 1 of 1.
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #130
robvarga
Connoisseur

I copied a few dozens of RTF/DOC books onto the root directory of the reader, and then ejected the reader properly. However only about two-third of them is actually found by the e-reader, some files (both RTF and DOC) are simply not shown in the library.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #131
robvarga
Connoisseur

It is not able to boot up with a SD card (16GB) containing a few hundred (ok, maybe a thousand) books, startup freezes for hours (I did not wait until it finished, I reset after a few hours).
Old 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvarga View Post

It is not able to boot up with a SD card (16GB) containing a few hundred (ok, maybe a thousand) books, startup freezes for hours (I did not wait until it finished, I reset after a few hours).
That is a known problem with 2.5.2. When I saw it, it was a matter of waiting long enough. I don't know if it means you aren't waiting long enough, or if there is something else happening. In any case, it has been drastically improved in 2.6.1. There is still a delay, but it is only a few minutes.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #133
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I cannot read RTF books, it comes up having a single empty page (or sometimes some title page), and cannot read it at all, displays a white screen, page change mode says page 1 of 1.
Quote:
I copied a few dozens of RTF/DOC books onto the root directory of the reader, and then ejected the reader properly. However only about two-third of them is actually found by the e-reader, some files (both RTF and DOC) are simply not shown in the library.
None of the Kobo devices read DOCs, so if that was the extension, they will be ignored. The few times I have tried RTF, they have been OK. Any chance of getting to see one so I can test here?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #134
robvarga
Connoisseur

Quote:
None of the Kobo devices read DOCs, so if that was the extension, they will be ignored. The few times I have tried RTF, they have been OK. Any chance of getting to see one so I can test here?
Can you PM me an email address to which I can send examples?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Can you PM me an email address to which I can send examples?
Done.

Tags
pocket app