Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2024, 02:39 AM   #256
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@fourcrosses There are scripts on this forum that convert kobo-dictionaries to other formats. So first pull them through those and then through mine. My script accepts a lot of formats, so that shouldn't give you a problem.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:06 AM   #257
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@retiarylime However, in the stardict tarball that's floating around the internet there is a Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's Dictionary from 2010, whilst your mobi-file states a copyright from 2008.
It's reconstructed and uploaded to pCloud.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:55 PM   #258
kaylon55
kaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook Era (PB700)
Hi,
I tried to convert a dictionary (spanish->german) in xdxf-Format into the dic-format for Pocketbooks.
But the Pocketbook Era doesn't recognize the .dic file, i created.
But others, from the cloud here worked well (sadly there is nor spanish to german)

The xdxf-File is created with this script (https://github.com/p4cx/pocketbook_dic) from dict.cc for spanish to german.

perhaps, someone can help me?
Attached Files
File Type: zip lex.zip (542.9 KB, 25 views)
kaylon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:19 AM   #259
Markismus
Guru

@kaylon55 That's not my script, so I don't know whether the resulted xdxf-file is correct.

Tags that seem out of place are:
- deftext-tags: Never seen them before. Why don't you remove all <deftext> and </deftext> and see whether it works?
- Also the xdxf-tag contains format="logical", whilst I only seen format="visual".
- There are <title>- and <full_title>-block that I haven't seen before.
- The <lexicon>-tags are new.
- <k>-block isn't wrapped in a <head>-block.

Other things:
- The language from and to are reversed. It's a German to Spanish dictionary, not the other way around.
- Line endings are CR/LF ( Carriage return/line feed: Windows) instead of LF(Linux).
- A lot of &-symbols in the keys: My script typically trows errors for that.

What I would do is rerun the xdxf-file through my script. So I did. The result is on the pCloud.

Does it work?

Last edited by Markismus; 03-07-2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:36 AM   #260
retiarylime
retiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-books

Device: KINDLE PPW10, PB TOUCH HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@retiarylime However, in the stardict tarball that's floating around the internet there is a Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's Dictionary from 2010, whilst your mobi-file states a copyright from 2008.
It's reconstructed and uploaded to pCloud.
@Markismus I have installed it in my pocketbook and it works great. Thank you so much for your help. I am happy now. 😊
retiarylime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 03:48 AM   #261
kaylon55
kaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-bookskaylon55 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook Era (PB700)
Quote:
Does it work?
it works great. Thank you very much.
kaylon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:08 AM   #262
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
So I did. The result is on the pCloud.

Does it work?
pcloud is limiting the traffic again and can't download.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 02:44 AM   #263
chiasottis
chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi there,
I'm trying to convert an Apple dictionary to PocketBook format. I completed the conversion successfully, but the output has no formatting.
Apple relies on CSS classes for all formatting, rather than HTML tags. pyglossary outputs the CSS file in a separate file, but I couldn't feed it into PocketBookDic.
The end result is a file that includes the HTML code in the definitions, but lacks all the CSS styles that would display bold, italics, etc.
How can I get an output that includes all the formatting from the source?
chiasottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 05:26 AM   #264
Markismus
Guru

The easy way is to use Koreader. When you generate a Koreader optimized Stardict dictionary a css-file is generated. You can add the css-lines from your file to it.

The long way is to embed all styling in the html again. Effectively to repeat all styling in every tag that it affects. Looks like a lot of work, more so because the converter to binary pocketbook format rips most formatting out of the dictionary again. You could of course remove all styling that's ripped from the css-file. Anything that's not italics or bold would be my first choice. IIRC, there are a few posts in the beginning of this thread that discuss all styling that is retained.

So use Koreader and copy-paste or reduce the css-file and add style="...."; strings to all affected blocks with search-replace either in an editor but preferably with code, so that you can reuse the work for another dictionary. Hopefully there are solutions on the web that do the embedding css into html style-strings for you.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:34 AM   #265
Bloody Chef
Bloody Chef began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
I've been tinkering with the provided tools, but it seems I am lacking knowledge to use them correctly.

Is it possible to change these finnish-english dictionaries (Stardict) to Pocketbook .dic format?
Attached Files
File Type: zip finnish_english_dictionary_stardict.zip (1.28 MB, 21 views)
File Type: zip english_finnish_dictionary_stardict.zip (1.11 MB, 26 views)
Bloody Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:54 AM   #266
Pinkflipphone
Pinkflipphone began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook verse pro
Hi there! I have a chromebook so probably wont be able to convert things myself, would you mind converting this Dune dictionary it for me? Id really really really appreciate it
https://jakemcc.gumroad.com/l/dune-dictionary
It is in .mobi format. It’s free but i’ll send a donation as soon as i figure out how it actually works lol.
Pinkflipphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:19 AM   #267
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Chef View Post
I've been tinkering with the provided tools, but it seems I am lacking knowledge to use them correctly.

Is it possible to change these finnish-english dictionaries (Stardict) to Pocketbook .dic format?
I had to toggle
Code:
$isEscapeHTMLCharacters = 1;
and it ran. So almost out of the box.

The files are uploaded to pCloud.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:26 AM   #268
Markismus
Guru

@Pinkflipphone It seems to contain 160 words. So maybe something went wrong. Not looking at this again, though: I don't really see the reason for a dictionary to Dune.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dune Kindle Dictionary_reconstructed.zip (13.8 KB, 17 views)
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM   #269
Bloody Chef
Bloody Chef began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Wow! It works like a charm! Thank you! I had lost my hope after trying for hours.
Bloody Chef is offline   Reply With Quote