Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #61
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Speaking of the footer, I'd really like to see the total number of pages in the book AND the number of pages remaining in the current chapter. Simultaneously. The way the old Sony PRS+ did it.
Where do I have to sign to support this?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #62
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
Out of interest, is there any patch where you can modify the header or footer so it adds in things like the time or battery percentage?
Even though there isn't a patch at the moment you could use frostschutz's MiniClock hack to display time and/or date and/or battery percent anywhere you like on the screen.

You can see an example of MiniClock displaying HH:MM and [battery%] on one of my Kobos in the bottom-right corner of the screenshots in this (completely unrelated) thread. The fact these screenshots happen to be displaying a ToC is irrelevent to MiniClock.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #63
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Even though there isn't a patch at the moment you could use frostschutz's MiniClock hack to display time and/or date and/or battery percent anywhere you like on the screen.

You can see an example of MiniClock displaying HH:MM and [battery%] on one of my Kobos in the bottom-right corner of the screenshots in this (completely unrelated) thread. The fact these screenshots happen to be displaying a ToC is irrelevent to MiniClock.
Oh you are an absolute legend! Ok just trying this - any chance you can copy your config file to here? I really like your settings and where you have put it with the font etc.

Also, when i have installed it, it then only worked on the first page of the book and then didn't show after that??

Thanks again.

EDIT

Bummer - i have a forma and realised it won't work for page turn buttons

Last edited by poczynek; 07-16-2019 at 07:41 PM.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #64
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
Oh you are an absolute legend! Ok just trying this - any chance you can copy your config file to here? I really like your settings and where you have put it with the font etc.

Bummer - i have a forma and realised it won't work for page turn buttons
I'm not sure whether you still need my MiniClock config file but I'll send you a PM as it isn't really relevant to kobopatch.

I also wish it worked using the Forma's buttons rather than just via screen touch. We live in hope!
Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #65
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Where do I have to sign to support this?
Right here.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 03:10 PM   #66
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I also wish it worked using the Forma's buttons rather than just via screen touch. We live in hope!
Update: today's new version of MiniClock now works with Forma buttons.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #67
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've released patches v51. This version doesn't come with any new patches, but it updates kobopatch to v0.14.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
kobopatch v0.14.0 is out

kobopatch v0.14.0 mainly consists of a complete rewrite of the kobopatch patch file parsing. It is completely backwards-compatible.

This version will be included in patches v51 later tonight.

Main changes:
- Better error messages:
--- All error messages will include line numbers.
--- Length mismatches show the number of characters.
--- Patches will be applied in a consistent order to make errors easier to fix.
--- All instructions will add their name to error messages.
--- Error checking will be done in stages and will give an error as soon as possible during parsing.
--- Multiple patches in a PatchGroup will mention the other patch.
--- Kobopatch will check for tabs instead of spaces in patch files.
--- Fixed the bug where a whole bunch of hexadecimal gets show on-screen in some cases where a value replacement fails.
- You can now use more than one PatchGroup per patch.
- Checksums of patched files are now recorded in the log file.

Internal changes:
- I've gotten rid of a bunch of old cruft from the transition period.
- I've switched the builds from Travis to Drone (it's faster and more structured).
- I've slightly reduced binary sizes.
- kobopatch is now automatically tested with the patches during builds.
- The patch file logic is now nicely split up instead of being dumped into a big switch statement.
- To add new instructions, you now only need to add 3 lines of code (before you'd have needed to add around 15 scattered everywhere).
- The parsing is a lot more type-safe now.
- I've updated go-yaml to v3, which is what allowed me to do most of the improvements in this rewrite.

For those interested in the internal improvements, compare the instruction implementation(old, new), the validation implementation (old, new), and some of the parsing (old, new).

Error message examples:
old: error applying patch file 'src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml': could not find bytes
new: patch "Freedom to advanced fonts control": line 399: inst 8: ReplaceBytesNOP: could not find bytes

old: i16: replacement string must not be shorter in `Custom reading footer style
new: patch "Custom reading footer style": line 107: inst 16: ReplaceString: replacement string 2 chars too long

old: error applying patch file 'src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml': ReplaceInt: could not find specified bytes at offset ***a bunch of hex which fills your screen ***
new: patch "Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts": line 512: inst 22: ReplaceInt: could not find specified bytes at offset

old: i21: more than one instruction per bullet in patch `Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts` (you might be missing a -)
new: instruction 21: line 511: multiple types found in instruction, maybe you forgot a '-'

old: could not parse patch file: error parsing patch file: yaml: line 512: found character that cannot start any token
new: could not parse patch file: patch file contains tabs (it should be indented with spaces, not tabs): yaml: line 512
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #68
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Right here.
Ditto.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #69
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Anyone else not able to get the patcher to work at all? I just get a dos box that's on the screen for a split second and then nothing.

All other firmwares and patchers have always worked perfectly.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #70
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Anyone else not able to get the patcher to work at all? I just get a dos box that's on the screen for a split second and then nothing.

All other firmwares and patchers have always worked perfectly.
If you downloaded it earlier last night, there was a small bug in the configuration file. Make sure there is a line "patchFormat: kobopatch` in kobopatch.yaml. If that's all correct, can I see the log file?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #71
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you downloaded it earlier last night, there was a small bug in the configuration file. Make sure there is a line "patchFormat: kobopatch` in kobopatch.yaml. If that's all correct, can I see the log file?
Downloaded about 30min ago. Here's the log contents:

kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.15.12920",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": null,
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/nickel.yaml": null
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }

KoboPatch::OutputInit

KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip'
Old 07-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #72
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Downloaded about 30min ago. Here's the log contents:
Did you remember to download the firmware file? Also, next time, put the log in a spoiler so it isn't so long.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #73
kobayashi
Groupie

Firmware is sitting in the src folder in zip format and my kobo has been updated.

Sorry, not sure what a spoiler is.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:24 PM   #74
geek1011
Wizard

I just tested the patches in my Windows VM and it works fine for me. Can you run it from a CMD window and tell me if there are any errors there?

Spoiler:
And a spoiler tag is [ SPOILER ] and [/ SPOILER].
Old 07-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #75
kobayashi
Groupie

Thanks for the spoiler tip.

Spoiler:

kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip
panic: Failed to find GetFileInformationByHandleEx procedure in kernel32.dll: Th
e specified procedure could not be found.

goroutine 1 [running]:
syscall.(*LazyProc).mustFind(0x110338e0)
/usr/local/go/src/syscall/dll_windows.go:311 +0x42
syscall.(*LazyProc).Addr(0x110338e0, 0x788140)
/usr/local/go/src/syscall/dll_windows.go:318 +0x21
internal/syscall/windows.GetFileInformationByHandleEx(0x770, 0x9, 0x11057af8, 0x
8, 0x3, 0x11018048)
/usr/local/go/src/internal/syscall/windows/zsyscall_windows.go:385 +0x27

os.newFileStatFromGetFileInformationByHandle(0x110 10760, 0x1e, 0x770, 0x0, 0x110
10760, 0x1e)
/usr/local/go/src/os/types_windows.go:52 +0x135
os.(*File).Stat(0x11006b88, 0x1e, 0x0, 0x0, 0x11006b88)
/usr/local/go/src/os/stat_windows.go:55 +0x133
archive/zip.OpenReader(0x11010760, 0x1e, 0x11006b80, 0x1, 0x1)
/usr/local/go/src/archive/zip/reader.go:55 +0x5e
main.(*KoboPatch).openIn(0x11034d40, 0x19, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:734 +0x613
main.(*KoboPatch).ApplyPatches(0x11034d40, 0x0, 0x0)
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:325 +0x54
main.main()
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:159 +0x843

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching