Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylo View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm sorry I'm bothering you again with this issue, but I'd really llike to be able to open books on fbreader just by clicking on them, instead of going to the "add to library" process. Can you help me?
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
oh, sorry mylo, I thought your problem was solved.

Anyway, let's take a look.

As I understand you are using last firmware 2..0RC3 and last release FBReader v0.12.x, ok?

Could you run the script from the command line (under rxvt)?
Code:
/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/_ctbconf/fbinstall.sh
Note there is a bug in current scripts, they don't reboot the device after changing the associations, but after restarting it should work.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #47
mylo
mylo began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr800s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
As I understand you are using last firmware 2..0RC3 and last release FBReader v0.12.x, ok?

Could you run the script from the command line (under rxvt)?
Code:
/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/_ctbconf/fbinstall.sh
Note there is a bug in current scripts, they don't reboot the device after changing the associations, but after restarting it should work.

Iņigo
Hi Iņigo,

Thank you for answering me. Yes, I'm using the last firmware 2.0RC3 as well as the last release FBReader.
I ran the script as you told me and I'm posting the log here.
I've tried restarting DR800 but it didn't change the associations. I noticed one thing, though. It opens .chm files with FBReader just by clicking on them, but it keeps opening .epub nd .pdb files with the default reader...

Mylo
Attached Files
File Type: txt fbinstall.sh-20110106021518.txt (1.2 KB, 395 views)
mylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #48
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylo View Post
Hi Iņigo,

Thank you for answering me. Yes, I'm using the last firmware 2.0RC3 as well as the last release FBReader.
I ran the script as you told me and I'm posting the log here.
I've tried restarting DR800 but it didn't change the associations. I noticed one thing, though. It opens .chm files with FBReader just by clicking on them, but it keeps opening .epub nd .pdb files with the default reader...

Mylo
Hi,

the errors in the report looks like you haven't installed FBReader in the correct place.
Please re-check you have a "_fbreader" folder into "Programs" folder of your SD card.
Also check there are some subdirectories inside that "_fbreader": _ctbconf, bin and share

It should look something like:
Code:
SD_card
    Programs/
        _config/
        _fbreader/
            _ctbconf/
            bin/
            share/
Anyway, if .chm files are opened correctly then it's correct.
By default, the installer doesn't change .epub (as it is handled by DR own viewer and I prefer not to change such a controversial default), this is the list of the types FBReader opens by default:
Code:
pdb,fb2,zip,rtf,orb,tcr,opf,oebzip,chm
You can look and change this list at line #117 of file "fbreader.schemas", which is in "SD_card/Programs/_fbreader/_ctbconf/etc/gconf/schemas".

Hope it helps,
Iņigo
Old 01-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #49
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Hello folks,
I've tried to use FBreader in combination with StarDict in found that word selection in FBReader is extremely difficult.
Actually I think that double-clicking on certain word is the best way to do that. The problem is that time for double-clicking seems too short. I've searched trough the code and apparently this time is parameterized, but hardcoded to 200 ms(?) in FBView.cpp:
Code:
int FBView: :doubleClickDelay() const {
	return isSelectionEnabled() ? 200 : 0;
}
Can we increase this value or put it into configuration file, even without GUI, to play around?
By the way how this param is set in native iRex applications?

Another question. Is it possible to avoid full screen refresh by text selection?

Thanks,

Last edited by Loo; 01-07-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #50
Iņigo
Guru

Hi Loo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Hello folks,
I've tried to use FBreader in combination with StarDict in found that word selection in FBReader is extremely difficult.
Actually I think that double-clicking on certain word is the best way to do that. The problem is that time for double-clicking seems too short. I've searched trough the code and apparently this time is parameterized, but hardcoded to 200 ms(?) in FBView.cpp:
Code:
int FBView: :doubleClickDelay() const {
	return isSelectionEnabled() ? 200 : 0;
}
Can we increase this value or put it into configuration file, even without GUI, to play around?
can you compile and test by yourself? If not, just tell me and I'll compile a test version (500 ms?).
IMHO I don't think this value worths a configuration option, if it's needed for you we can change the code because it won't affect any other uses.

Quote:
By the way how this param is set in native iRex applications?

Another question. Is it possible to avoid full screen refresh by text selection?

Thanks,
Don't know, sorry.

Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 01-07-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #51
Loo

Unfortunately I don't have development environment to compile test version (not to mention that I'm not a software develper ). Iņigo, could you please compile executable for me with the value of 400 ? Not sure it will help, but let's try.

Great thanks,
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #52
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have development environment to compile test version (not to mention that I'm not a software develper ). Iņigo, could you please compile executable for me with the value of 400 ? Not sure it will help, but let's try.

Great thanks,
Here you have it. Hope it solves the problem.

Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: zip loo.zip (808.6 KB, 360 views)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #53
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I looked a little into the code, I see some ways to get it into the configuration files, but only in theory, I have not changed any code yet. So if this really is a solution I could try to make it configurable for quick-tappers and slow-tappers.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #54
Loo

Great thanks Iņigo, as for me this new build works much-much better now. With this new build I'm able to select a word with double-click in 80% of attempts; previously it was like 15-20%. I just tried windows desktop version, word selection with double-click works horrible there too. May be it worth to increase this delay further - to 500 ms as you suggested (That's a windows default value by the way - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-...eed_and_timing ).

Last edited by Loo; 01-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #55
Loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I looked a little into the code, I see some ways to get it into the configuration files, but only in theory, I have not changed any code yet. So if this really is a solution I could try to make it configurable for quick-tappers and slow-tappers.
Hello Mackx,
I've checked configuration code as well and it seemed hmm... a bit complex to me. If I'm not mistaken, config params are made as properties of very high level objects. It's probably worth to make this change in common FBReader project.
There is another parameter related to the issue. It's almost impossible to hit twice exactly the same point with stylus. Therefore in FBreader they put some 'tolerance', like +/- 5 pts. by both axes are considered as 'the same place'. This value is hardcoded in several places like in ZLTextView :: DoubleClickInfo :: update . I would parameterize this value as well.

Thanks,

Last edited by Loo; 01-07-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #56
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Great thanks Iņigo, as for me this new build works much-much better now. With this new build I'm able to select a word with double-click in 80% of attempts; previously it was like 15-20%. I just tried windows desktop version, word selection with double-click works horrible there too. May be it worth to increase this delay further - to 500 ms as you suggested (That's a windows default value by the way - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-...eed_and_timing ).
Attached, 500ms.

If you think is ok, I'll do a new release with these changes:

- fix install extensions script
- change Russian hyphenation file
- Mackx's code to turn on led while loading files
- loo's 500ms double click change

Is ok for you? Mackx?

Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: zip loo2.zip (808.6 KB, 348 views)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #57
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
sounds great, but any fixes for the refresh issue?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #58
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Until now I only got the refresh problem when loading a document under control. I looked at the other refresh problems, but got stuck in the refresh code, for which I could not yet figure out how to get 'predictable' refreshes.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #59
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
you mean the search refresh problem? That's quite hard, I don't have the time nor the knowledgement to fix it.

Iņigo
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #60
Loo

Hello Iņigo,

Thank you very much, it works almost well now. Can I ask you to do me a favor? I've tried to tweak 'tolerance' parameters for stylus selection; could you please replace fbreader source files with ones from attached archive and compile it for me? I also tried to avoid some excessive screen refresh by stylus click, but not sure if I did it correctly. If ZLTextView.cpp gives compilation error pls. put ZLTextView_.cpp instead. I hate to put development stuff here, but attachments are not allowed in private messages.

Great Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip loo_src.zip (11.3 KB, 336 views)

Tags
fbreader